You okay, Don?
你還好嗎,唐?
Sorry,Yael.I've been having trouble sleeping lately.
抱歉,我最近睡眠不好。
Have you tried thinking warm thoughts about your handsand feet?
你有沒有想辦法暖手暖腳呢?
Uh,No. Why would I wanna do that?
沒有,我為什么要那樣做?
Because it could help you fall asleep.
因為那樣可以幫助你入睡。
See, when we're fallingasleep, the body naturally cools down.
想象一下,當你睡著的時候,身體就會自然降溫。
To make this happen, blood flows from the body's coreout to the legs, arms, hands and feet.
要做到這一點,血液就會從身體的中心流向腿,胳膊,手和腳。
This makes the central part of the body cooler and makesthe hands and feet warmer.
這樣身體的中心部分就會降低溫度,使手和腳暖和起來。
OK. But what does that have to do with thinking about my hands and feet?
哦,但是那和我想到手和腳有什么關系呢?
Well, for some people, the natural cooling-off process doesn't work the way it should.
對有些人來說,這個自然降溫的過程無法正常進行。
But sleepresearchers have found that you can sort of kick-start the process by imagining that your handsand feet are becoming warmer.
睡眠研究人員發現,我們可以啟動這個過程,通過想象自己的手和腳變暖。
You mean that if I think about holding my hands over a campfire or something like that, I cantrick my body into making the blood flow and actually warming up my hands.
你的意思是,如果我想象自己把手放在篝火旁或類似的做法,我就可以讓身體里的血液流動,這樣就可以暖手了。
Exactly,at least that's the idea It's been tested on a handful of people with sleep disorders andthere's some evidence that it actually works.
一點兒沒錯,至少這種想法已經在少數失眠的人身上做過測試,并且也有一些證據證明這種做法是有用的。