特別聲明
該節目由可可原創,臺詞講解為可可編輯編寫。
視頻出處
本期影視片花出自《唐頓莊園》第一季第四集。
影視片花
中英對白
You wanted to see the new chauffeur, my lord?
新來的司機到了 老爺
Yes, indeed. Please send him in.
好的 請他進來
Come in. Come in. Good to see you again.
請進 請進 很高興再次見到你
Branson, isn't it?
Branson 對吧
That's right, your lordship.
是的 老爺
I hope they've shown you everything and we delivered whatever we promised.
看過車子了吧 和我們所說的相差無幾吧
Certainly, my lord.
正是如此 老爺
Won't you miss Ireland?
舍得愛爾蘭嗎
Ireland, yes, but not the job.
愛爾蘭倒是不舍 但那份工作不然
The mistress was a nice lady, but she only had one car, and she wouldn't let me drive it over 20 miles an hour.
女主人是個好人 但她只有一輛車 而且 禁止車速超過二十英里/時
So, it was a bit... well... boring, so to speak.
所以 可以說是有點提不起勁兒
You've got a wonderful library.
您的藏書室好大
You're very welcome to borrow books, if you wish.
歡迎借閱
Really, my lord?
真的嗎 老爺
There's a ledger that I make everyone use, even my daughters.
可借書籍我已分類列好 我的女兒們也一樣用它
Carson and Mrs Hughes sometimes take a novel or two. What are your interests?
Carson和Hughes夫人有時也借一二本小說 你對哪類書感興趣
History and Politics mainly.
主要看歷史和政治
Heavens. Carson, Branson is going to borrow some books. He has my permission.
Very good, my lord.
好的 老爺
Is that all, my lord?
It is.Off you go, and good luck.
沒了 去吧 好運
He seems a bright spark after poor old Taylor.
較年老體衰的Taylor來說 他是個機靈的小伙子
And to think Taylor's gone off to run a tea shop!
Taylor竟然開了間茶館
I cannot feel it will make for a very restful retirement, can you?
退休了還不愿安身養老
I would rather be put to death, my lord.
我寧愿安靜等死 老爺
Quite so. Thank you, Carson.
此言極是 謝謝