重點講解:
1. when it comes to
談到;涉及;
eg. Perspective taking is particularly useful when it comes to your boss.
面對上司的時候,換位思考尤其有效 。
eg. Carol is no match for her mother when it comes to cooking.
卡羅爾在烹飪方面不是她媽媽的對手 。
2. let's say
比如說;比方說;
eg. Let's say you decide that one of your non-negotiable items is time for a life outside of work.
比方說,你認定工作之外還有個人生活的時間是你最珍視的價值 。
eg. Let's say you've just graduated college.
讓我們假設你剛剛從學校畢業 。
3. take away
拿走;奪走;
eg. Mr. Perlin also argues that internships take away opportunities from regular workers.
波林還認為,實習生制度剝奪了正式員工的機會 。
eg. Education, she said, is her only weapon. It is something, she said, no one can take away from her.
教育是她唯一的武器,是沒有任何人能剝奪走的東西 。
4. in other words
換言之;換句話說;也就是說;
eg. In other words, it signals trust.
也就是說,這是信任的表現 。
eg. But these from actual set out of the research have no theories to do instruction, in other words, there is no theories foundation.
但這些從實際出發的研究沒有理論做指導,換句話說,沒有理論基礎 。
5. turn in
交還;返還;
eg. You must turn in your gun when you leave the army.
你離開軍隊時必須交還槍支 。
eg. The official showed up to tell her to turn in her library books.
那名管理人員出面讓她返還所借圖書館的書 。
6. take care of
照顧;照看;看護;
eg. I'll take care of this right now.
我現在就幫你解決這個問題 。
eg. You might not always be able to completely control your progress, but you can always take care of your actions.
你可能不能夠完全控制進度,但你可以隨時管理你的行動計劃 。
7. go off
(爆炸裝置)爆炸;(槍)開火;
eg. He held the gun tightly; he wondered if he was holding it too tightly, so tightly that it would go off before he wanted it to.
他緊緊握著槍,他怕自己把槍握得太緊了,緊得在他想要開槍之前就走了火 。
eg. Living with an angry person is like living with a time bomb: You never know when it's going to go off.
跟肝火太旺的人一起生活就像跟一顆定時炸彈一樣,你永遠不知道炸彈何時會爆炸 。
adj. 嚴格的,精確的,完全的