第33周 在餐館
熒屏情景:
星期三 家人聚餐 片段選自《好漢兩個半》第8季經7集 Two and a Half Men S08E07 02:14--03:13
Charlie: So what's the occasion for you two?
查理:你們兩個為什么在這兒?
Alan: No occasion. Can't a son invite his mom to lunch?
艾倫:不為什么,難道兒子不能請她媽吃頓午飯嗎?
Evelyn: He needs money.
伊芙琳:他缺錢。
Alan: No, no. But if you're lookin' to give some away I'm not gonna turn it down.
艾倫:才不是,不過如果你想給我一點兒,我是不會拒絕的。
Evelyn: You're a dermatologist. How do I get rid of a 170-pound skin tag?
伊芙琳:你是個皮膚科醫生,所以我怎樣才能擺脫這個170磅的皮贅?
Alan: Excuse me, 164.
艾倫:打擾一下,是164磅。
Charlie: Really? That's the part you object to?
查理:真的?這就是你抗議的點?
Alan: Would you like to be called a 200-pound drunk?
艾倫:你愿意被叫做200磅的醉鬼?
Charlie: 180.
查理:180磅。
Alan: See?
艾倫:明白了吧?
Charlie: Yeah, well, better a lush than a leech.
查理:是的,不過酒鬼好過寄生蟲。
Alan: At least a leech doesn't miss his mother's birthday in a drunken blackout.
艾倫:至少寄生蟲沒有因為醉暈過去,而錯過他母親的生日。
Charlie: Yes, but when the lush wakes up, he can buy her a nice gift with his own money.
查理:沒錯,可是當酒鬼醒了之后,他能用自己的錢給她買漂亮的禮物。
Evelyn: He can, but he doesn't.
伊芙琳:他是可以,可是他沒有。
Charlie: He doesn't because you wouldn't appreciate it anyway.
查理:他沒有買是因為無論怎樣,你從來都不會感激。
Evelyn: Let's not start with appreciation. Did I ever get a thank you for bearing you and raising you all by myself?
伊芙琳:我們還是別說感恩了,我是因為獨自生你、養你而得到一句“謝謝你”嗎?
Alan: Thank you, Mommy.
艾倫:謝謝你,媽咪。
Evelyn: Give it a rest. I'll write you a check.
伊芙琳:消停下吧,我給你寫張支票。
Alan: Thank you, Mommy.
艾倫:謝謝你,媽咪。