本段對話選自Drop Dead Diva,《丑女上錯身》
Kim:All right, what do you want me to do, Jane?
金:好,你要我怎么做,簡?
Jane:I admit you were right.
簡:我承認你是對的。
We're not gonna win this based on the law or my feelings.
我們沒辦法用我的感受或是法律來贏。
Kim:Good. At least we agree on that.
金:很好,我們意見相同。
Jane:But Parker said we have to think outside the box.
簡:但帕克說要創新思維。
Kim:Right.
金:沒錯。
Jane:The designer claimed that he has a contract with the company allowing him to design whatever he wants,
簡:設計師說他和公司有合約給他完全的創作自由,
but what if we could show that the contract was counter to the company's best interests?
但是,如果我們證明那合約有違公司最大利益呢?
Kim:I don't think I follow.
我沒聽懂。
Jane:PDQ is owned by investors.
簡:PDQ需要投資人投資。
Management has a responsibility to maximize profits, right?
管理階層有義務創造最大營收,對吧?
Kim:You want me to argue that their business practices are suboptimal?
金:你要我把論點放在盈利策略不夠理想?
Jane:Yeah, why not? We amend our complaint and push on.
簡:對啊,試試看,我們可以修改控告,再上訴。
Kim:The plaintiff would like to call a rebuttal witness…
金:原告一方想聲請傳喚反駁證人…
Warren Gunther, the largest shareholder in PDQ.
沃倫岡瑟,PDQ最大股東。