Narrator:Listen to a conversation between a student and the director of campus activities.
獨白:聽下面一段學生與校園活動主任之間的對話。
I'm here 'cause... well, there's something I don't understand.
我來是…我有件事我不太明白。
I set an announcement for an event.
我發了一個事件的聲明,
And this morning I checked the events section of the university's website.
但是今天早上我查詢校園網站的事件欄,
And nothing, there is no mention of it.
卻沒發現任何有關的消息。
And when did you summit this request?
你是什么時候提交的申請?
Last Wednesday. I followed the instructions very carefully.
上周三。我仔細的按照要求做的。
I am sure it was Wednesday,
我確定是上個周三,
because know announcements have be submitted three business days ahead of the posting day.
因為我知道聲明必須在公布之日的三個工作日之前提交。
And what's it for?
是有關什么的聲明呢?
A reading.
關于閱讀的。
A reading?
閱讀?
Yes. A poetry reading.
是的,詩歌閱讀。
Oh, OK. When is it?
哦,好。什么時候?
In three days. It is an author from France we have been trying to get for a while.
三天后。是我們一直想要聯系的一位法國作家。
And now that he has finally agreed to come, no one will be there.
現在他終于同意要來了,卻沒人去參加。
Wow. This person is really coming all the way from France?
哇,他真的大老遠的法國來啊?
Oh, no. He is teaching in New York City this year.
哦,不是。今年他要來紐約授課。
We were able to sell him on the idea by promising there being a nice size crowd , I felt confident about that.
我們十分有信心能夠將他推薦給廣大的讀者,
Because I know how enthusiastic our group is.
因為我們的團體中對他十分推崇。
And your group…do you have a name?
你們的團體?有名字嗎?
Um … it is kind of a loose group, you know,
呃,我們的團體比較松散,
just a bunch of students in the French department who are interested in French literature.
就是法語系的一些對法國文學感興趣的學生。
There's no formal structure or anything.
還沒有正式的組織或其他的,
I guess you could call us the French Literature Reading Group.
我想你可以叫我們法國文學閱讀俱樂部。
OK. And it is a recognized group? By the university, I mean. No. OK.
好的。你們的團體是認證團體嗎?我的意思是在學校?不是。好的。
But the French Department is funding this, on the condition that we do all the legwork.
但是如果我們承擔所有的外勤工作,法語系會為我們贊助。
All right. Hold on a second while I check.
好的,請等一下,我需要查一下。
Well, it looks like we did receive your announcement last Wednesday.
好了,看來我們的確在上個星期三接到了你的聲明。
Uh, looks like the editors must have decided not to include your event in this week's listings.
但是估計是編輯決定不把你們的活動登在本周的目錄中。
Not included? Why?
不發表,為什么?
Well, we don't post things automatically.
是這樣的,我們并不是自動發表的。
We get so many requests that we couldn't possibly post them all.
我們有許多要求,所以不能發表所有的項目。
So events that are thought to be too specialized,
所以只有被確定是有專業化的事件才能被發表,
without the potential for really wide appeal...
如果那些看起來不會太吸引人的…
Wow, I got to say that does surprise me. What am I going to do now?
哇,我不得不說我很驚訝。現在我該怎么辦呢?
I mean, he really is quite famous.
我說說,他的確是十分有名。
I really do think there would be a genuine interest beyond my group.
我真的覺得除了我們的團隊還會有很多人真正對此有興趣。
It would be a shame if no one shows up because there isn't enough publicity.
如果是因為宣傳不夠而沒有人參加,那將會是個遺憾。
Is there anyone else I can talk to?
我還可以跟其他人談談嗎?
I don't think that would do you much good since we are already working on next week's schedule.
我認為那也不會有什么用,因為我們已經開始做下個星期的計劃了。
But maybe you could ask the French department to post the announcement on its website.
但是你或許可以讓法語系的網站發一個聲明。
And maybe you could approach some other departments as well, you know, relevant ones.
你還可以跟其他系練習一下,跟這個有關系的系。
I knew we should have done a poster.
我就知道我應該做一個海報。
But everybody was like, oh, you can just post it online.
但大家都說,哦,你只要在網上宣傳就可以了。
In any event, thanks for you help. It's something to consider.
不管怎么樣,謝謝你的幫助。你的建議值得考慮。