日韩色综合-日韩色中色-日韩色在线-日韩色哟哟-国产ts在线视频-国产suv精品一区二区69

手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 托福 > 托福聽力 > 托福聽力真題聽寫 > 正文

托福TPO-18 Conversation 1

編輯:mike ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


掃描二維碼進行跟讀打分訓練

Listen to a conversation between a student and an administrator in the university employment office.

聽一段學校雇員室中學生和管理人員間的對話。
Hi ! I hope you can help me. I just transferred from Northeastern State University near Chicago.
你好,我希望你能幫幫我!我剛剛才從芝加哥附近的東北大學轉學過來。
Well welcome to Central University. But Chicago is such a great city. Why did you leave?
歡迎來到中央大學。不過芝加哥是個特別棒的城市,你為什么要離開呢?
Everyone asks that. It's my hometown. And it was sure convenient to go to a school nearby.
每個人都這么問。那兒是我的家鄉,而且當然,在附近上學會很方便。
But Northeastern is still fairly small.
但是,東北部還是太小了。
And it doesn't have the program I'm interested in.
而且,那個學校還沒有我感興趣的專業。
I want to major in international studies. And the only program in the State is here.
我想把專業定在國際關系研究上。州里面開設有這個項目的大學就在這兒。
We do have a great program. Well how did you get interested in international studies?
我們這兒這項目的確不錯。嗯,你是怎么對國際關系感興趣的呢?
My family hosted a few foreign exchange students while I was growing up.
在我還小時,我家里面接收了一些國際交換生。
Then I took part in an international summer program after I graduated from high school.
之后高中畢業,我參加了一個國際暑期項目。
I thought I really I like meeting people from all over, getting to know them.
我覺得,我特別喜歡和來自各個地方的人交流,了解他們。
OH! Ok! And that led you to our program. Right now though I think you are looking for a job.
哦!原來是這樣的!這些經歷使得你慢慢對我們的項目感興趣了。剛才,我看到你的時候,覺得你是想找一份工作。
Yeah, a part time job on campus. I thought I'd save money, being away from the big city. But it doesn't seem to be working that way .Anyway I'm not having much luck.
是的,一個學校里面的兼職。我想在大城市之外,有必要要存些錢。不過,現在看來事情不像想的那么簡單。不過不管怎樣,我的運氣似乎不是特別好。
I'm not surprised. Most of our campus jobs are taken in the first week or two of the semester.
這種情況聽上去并不令我驚訝。學校里面的兼職大部分在開學的頭兩周就被搶光了。
What work experience have you had?
你過去都干過些啥?
Well, I worked in the university library last year.
嗯,我去年在大學的圖書館里面上班。
But I already checked at the library here.
但是,我剛才去圖書館里面看了,
They said their remaining positions were for work-study students getting financial aid.
他們說剩余的崗位是留給那些接受財務資助、加入“邊工作—邊學習”項目的學生的。
I've never run into that before.
我之前還沒有碰到過這樣的事情。
Well, I guess each school has its own policies.
嗯,我想,每個學校政策都有些不同吧!
Uh, we really don't have much right now. You might be better off waiting to the next semester.
我們現在剩余的職位確實不多。你可能等到下學期就好了!
If you really want something, how are your computer skills?
如果你真的想找點事情的話,你的電腦技術如何?
About average I'd say. I helped teach some of the basic computer classes. Northeastern offers for new users, if that helps any.
我只能說稍稍好點吧!我幫忙教過一些東北大學給新用戶開的電腦基礎課。這段經歷有用么?
OK, The technology support department needs people to work its helpdesk. It's basically a customer service job; answering questions, helping people solve their computer proplems, give you a chance to develop your people skills.
好的!技術支持部門想招一個負責為顧客提供答疑服務的人,基本上這是一個客服工作;回答顧客的問題,幫助他們解決電腦故障,它也能幫你提高你的交際能力。
Something every diplomat needs. But is there some problem? I mean why is the job still open?
這活兒是每個想要練交際力的人都想要的。但問題是,現在還有空缺的職位嗎?
Well, they have extended hours, from 6am to 2am every day.
嗯,他們工作時間長,從上午六點到下午兩點。
So they need a large staff.
所以他們要招一大幫人。
But right now they only need people early mornings, late nights, and weekends.
但是到現在,他們只招缺凌晨、深夜和周末上班的人了。
You'd probably end up with a bit of everything rather than a regular spot.
這個活兒的壞處是,可能你每一樣事情都會收到影響,不能有規律地生活。
On the bright side you'll probably be able to get some studying done between calls.
不過好處是你可以在接電話的空子里寫作業。
At least it could be a start and then you can try for better hours next semester.
至少假如你現在接手了這份活兒,下學期你就可以試著挑一個更好的時段。
Um, I see why the hours might be a problem.
嗯,我明白時間安排確實是個問題。
But I guess I can't afford to be too picky if I want a job.
但,我想,我要是誠心想找工作的話,我可不能太挑剔。
Still maybe we can work something out.
我仍然可以想辦法解決這個工作可能的不便。

重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
diplomat ['dipləmæt]

想一想再看

adj. 外交官,外交家 n. 外交家

 
extended [iks'tendid]

想一想再看

adj. 延續的,廣大的,擴大范圍的 動詞extend的

 
conversation [.kɔnvə'seiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 會話,談話

聯想記憶
convenient [kən'vi:njənt]

想一想再看

adj. 方便的,便利的

 
administrator [əd'ministreitə]

想一想再看

n. 管理人,行政官

 
solve [sɔlv]

想一想再看

v. 解決,解答

 
exchange [iks'tʃeindʒ]

想一想再看

n. 交換,兌換,交易所
v. 交換,兌換,交

 
?
    閱讀本文的人還閱讀了:
  • 托福TPO-17 Conversation 2 2013-12-24
  • 托福TPO-17 Lecture 4 2013-12-25
  • 托福TPO-18 Lecture 1 2013-12-31
  • 托福TPO-18 Lecture 2 2014-01-02
  • 托福TPO-18 Conversation 2 2014-01-06
  • 發布評論我來說2句

      最新文章

      可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

      添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
      添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 韩国成年人电影| 双罗衫简谱| 免费观看污视频网站| g71编程实例及解释| 龙的故乡 电影| 奇怪律师禹英雨| 妻子的秘密在线| 一人比划一人猜100个| 98372电影| 这就是中国 纪录片| 灵界诱惑 电影| 只园| 美女不穿衣服| 库洛米头像| free hd xxxx moms movie777| 碧海情天 电视剧| ptt培训| 日本变态网站| 邓为个人资料及简历| 四 电影| bb88| 国产电影网站| 降魔的| 吾凰在上动漫在线观看免费| 戒色视频| 乔军| 浙江卫视网络直播源| 张耀扬实际身高| 忏悔三昧全文及回向文| 美丽分贝 电视剧| 我和我的祖国 五线谱| 成人免费黄色电影| 日本动漫天使之剑| 误杀2电影免费观看高清完整版| 喜羊羊开心闯龙年| 运气旺的微信头像图片| 女医生3| 国家宝藏电影| 吃什么水果减肥效果好减肥最快| 囚徒电影深度解析| 带圈圈的序号1到30|