重點講解:
1. hat trick
(尤指體育比賽中的)連中三元,帽子戲法;
eg. I scored a hat-trick against Arsenal.
我在和阿森納隊的比賽中上演了帽子戲法。
eg. But what most lets Bonawu excited is the Vander Fatt's hat trick.
但最讓伯納烏興奮的還是范德法特的帽子戲法。
2. as if
好像;仿佛;
eg. Anne shrugged, as if she didn't know.
安妮聳了聳肩,好像她并不知曉。
eg. I can remember our wedding as if it were yesterday.
我們的婚禮我記憶猶新,就像昨天一樣。
3. presuppose
預先假定;以…為前提;以…為先決條件;
eg. All your arguments presuppose that he's a rational, intelligent man.
你所有論點的前提都是他是一個理性而聰明的人。
eg. The end of an era presupposes the start of another.
一個時代的結束意味著另一個時代的開始。
4. let's say
比如說;比方說;假定;
eg. Let's say you miss the train, what do you plan to do?
假定你趕不上火車,你準備怎么辦?
eg. Let's say that manager produces annual return of 8 %.
假設該經理人每年能夠得到8%的投資回報。
5. for a moment
片刻,一會兒;霎時之間;
eg. For a moment I thought I was having hallucinations.
一時間我以為我產生了幻覺。
eg. He was silent for a moment, then began his answer.
他沉默了一會兒,然后開始回答。