重點講解:
1. on business
出差;因公;
eg. No admittance except on business.
閑人免進。
eg. I flew to Tokyo on business.
我飛往東京出差。
2. hand over
交給;遞給;
eg. 'I've got his card.' Judith said, handing it over.
“我有他的名片,”朱迪絲邊說邊把名片遞了過來。
eg. You must hand over your passport before you leave.
離境前必須交回護照。
3. check out
了解清楚;核實;查實;
eg. Maybe we ought to go down to the library and check it out.
或許我們應該去趟圖書館,查個明白。
eg. We ought to check him out on the computer.
我們理應在電腦上查清他的資料。
eg. The police had to check out the call.
警方不得不追查那通電話。
4. work out
(如期)發生;進展(順利);
eg. Things just didn't work out as planned.
事情根本沒有按計劃進行。
eg. I hope it will work out well.
我希望進展順利。
eg. The deal just isn't working out the way we were promised.
結果待遇根本不是他們對我們許諾的那樣。
5. bother to do sth.
費心去做某事;
eg. It's general knowledge.Why do you bother to ask?
這是常識,你怎么還要問?
eg. Lots of people don't bother to go through a marriage ceremony these days.
如今很多人不再費心思舉行婚禮。
v. 使惱怒,使不安,煩擾,費心
n. 煩擾,