重點講解:
1. go over with sb.
獲得好評,使人留下深刻印象;
eg. I thought the project would go over big with the boss.
我以為那個計劃會得到老板的賞識。
2. in case
以防萬一;以防;如果
eg. I guess we've already talked about this but I'll ask you again just in case.
我想我們已經談過這個問題了,不過為了以防萬一,我再問你一次。
eg. Write the telephone number down in case you forget.
把電話號碼寫下來以免忘了。
3. get out
消息、信息等)泄露,為人所知;
eg. If word got out now, a scandal could be disastrous.
如果消息現在傳出去,可能會是災難性的丑聞。
eg. Even if you just tell one person, the secret is likely to get out.
即使你只告訴了一個人,秘密也很有可能被泄露出去。
4. be born to do sth.
生而為……;命中注定;
eg. Instead, you were born to live your life - determine today to be good at it. After all, you only get one shot.
相反,你是為了過你自己的生活而生的-今天作出決定并且做好它,畢竟你只能有一個選擇。
eg. He is a born to be a leader . He never conceal his desire to be a certain leader himself.
他天生是做上司的料,他自己也從不隱諱要成為上司的野心。
5. introduce one person to another
介紹;引薦;使相互認識;
eg. Tim, may I introduce you to my uncle's secretary, Mary Waller.
蒂姆,我來介紹一下,這位是我叔叔的秘書瑪麗·沃勒。
eg. She introduced me to her friend.
她把我介紹給她的朋友。
6. refer to
涉及;提及;描述;談及;
eg. In his speech, he referred to a recent trip to Canada.
他在講演中提到了前不久的加拿大之行。
eg. The rule refers only to special cases.
這條規則只涉及一些特殊的情況。
v. 打斷,打擾,中止,中斷
n. [計算機]