Good morning, everyone. And welcome to the English for Academic Purposes Centre.
大家早上好。歡迎來到學術用途英語。
I'd like to begin by briefly introducing the services we offer here at our centre.
首先我想簡單介紹一下我們機構提供的服務。
First of all, we have a wide range of language courses.
首先,我們有許多各種不同的語言課程。
In the first semester, we run an eight-week Conversation Class for students of non-English-speaking backgrounds, who wish to improve their fluency, grammar and pronunciation in English.
在第一學期,我們為非英語國家的學生開設了一個為期八周的會話班,他們希望提高英語的流利程度、語法和發音。
The course is held on Tuesdays between 12:30 and 1:30.
本課程于周二12:30至1:30之間舉行。
So, that's one hour once a week. Please enroll with the secretary before Friday this week.
每周一個小時。請在本周星期五之前和秘書登記。
For those of you who are interested in developing your writing skills,
對于那些有興趣發展寫作技能的人,
we have a six-week course which runs for two hours between 4 and 6 on Wednesday afternoons, beginning in Week One.
我們有一個為期六周的課程,每周三下午4點到6點,從第一周開始。
It concentrates on the writing skills needed for assignments in the Departments of Economics and Social Sciences.
它集中在經濟學和社會科學系的作業所需要的寫作技巧上。
Students must be enrolled in either of these departments.
學生必須就讀這兩個系中的任何一個。
You're probably not thinking about taking examinations yet, but later on, towards the end of the term, you might like to enroll in our Examination Skills class.
你可能還沒有考慮過考試,但之后,在學期末,你可能想參加我們的考試技能班。
The course runs for five weeks and two hours in a week.
課程為期五周,每周兩小時。
The course deals with the skills you need in both written tests and oral examination.
本課程涉及你在筆試和口試中所需要的技能。
It is not necessary to enroll before the course starts. Just turn up for the first class.
沒有必要在課程開始前報名。第一堂課時報名就行。