Stu:Hi, I'd like to drop of my graduation form;
學生:你好,我來遞交自己的畢業表格,
I understand you need this in order to process my diploma.
我知道你們需要這個來評估我的文憑。
Pro:Ok, I will take that.
教授:好的。我收下了。
Before you leave, let's me check our computer.
在你走之前讓我在電腦上核對一下。
Looks like you are OK for graduation,
看上去你畢業是沒有問題的。
and actually, I am getting a warning fly on your academic record here.
但是我這里有一張關于你學術記錄的警告單。
Stu:Really?
學生:真的嗎?
Pro:Yeah. Let's see was what.
教授:是啊。讓我看看是什么。
Are you familiar with your graduation requirements?
你對你的畢業要求標準熟悉嗎?
Stu:Yes, I think so.
學生:我想很熟悉。
Pro:Then you know you need 48 credits in your major field to graduate and at least 24 credits in the intermediate level or higher.
教授:那么你就知道你需要專業內的 48 個學分以及中等及更高水平課程的至少 24 個學分。
Also, after your second year, you have to meet with your department chair to outline a plan for the rest of your time here.
而且,第2年以后,你還需要見上你的系主任一面來為剩下的時間做計劃大綱。
In the past, we also issue letters before students' final year began to let them know what they needed to take in the final year to be OK,
以前,我們還在學生最后一年的時候發信告知他們需要上什么樣的課程,
but we don't do that anymore.
但是現在我們不這樣做了。
Stu:I definitely met with my chair person 2 years ago;
學生:我2年前絕對是見過我們的系主任。
he told me that I need 8 more courses at the intermediate level or higher in the last 2 years to be OK.
他告訴我說我在接下來的2年里需要上 8 個中等或以上水平的課程。
So I am not sure what the problem is,
所以我就不知道問題出在哪里。
I make sure I got these credits.
我確定我得到了這些學分。
Pro:Unfortunately, the computer is usually pretty reliable;
教授:不幸的是,電腦的信息基本都是很可靠的,
I am not sure what was going on here.
我也不知道出現了什么問題。
Stu:It could be that I have taken 2 basic courses but couple both of them with a few experiences.
學生:可能是我上了 2 個基礎課程,但是這兩個都帶有相應的實習工作。
Pro:What do you mean?
教授:什么意思呢?
Stu:I could only take intro courses because there were no intermediate level courses available for those particular topics.
學生:我只能上介紹課程,因為沒有關于那些特別話題的中級水平課程。
My chair person told me that if I did the independent field researches in addition to the science work each course;
我的系主任告訴我說,如果我針對每個課程的科學工作做出獨立的實地調查,
they would count as the intermediate level courses.
那么就算是我上了中級水平的課程。
My classmates, some of my classmates, did this for an easy way to meet their intermediate course requirement,
我的幾個同學就是通過這種方式來達到中級課程要求的,
but I did it to get the kind of depth in those topics was going for.
但是我就是在這些話題的基礎上進行更深入的研究。
As I turned out I was really enjoy the field work, which I supplement just sitting and listening the lectures.
而結果我發現我很喜歡實地工作,這為單單是坐在課堂里聽課做了很大的彌補。
Pro:I am sure that's true,
教授:確有其事。
but the computer still showing the miss basic level courses despite the field work.
盡管進行過實地工作,但是電腦上也沒有顯示基礎水平的課程。
Stu:I am not sure what to do then, I mean, should I cancel my graduation party?
學生:我真的不知道如何是好,難道我需要取消我的畢業晚會嗎?
Pro:No, no reason to get worry like that, just contact your chair person immediately, ok,
教授:那倒不用擔心,你馬上聯系你的系主任。
tell him to call me as soon as possible so that we can verify your field work arrangement and certify these credits right away.
然后告訴他盡快給我打電話核實你的實地工作安排并把你的學分立即核查好。
It's not only there is an actual deadline to date you anything.
不只是說一個截止日期,
But if more than a few weeks go by, we might have a real problem that would difficult to fix in time for you to graduate.
如果說幾周后還沒有核實好的話,我們就真有問題了。那將很難及時調整并讓你順利畢業。
In fact, there probably would be nothing we could do.
事實上,那樣的話我們可能就真的無能為力了。
Stu:I will get on that.
學生:我會馬上開始的。