Chapter 6 Death in the family
第6章 幼子夭折
After the plague years,we were busy all the time.
瘟疫流行過后的幾年,我們一直忙個不停。
There were new companies of players and Will now belonged to the Lord Chamberlain's Men.
市里又有了幾家新劇團,如今威爾屬于宮內大臣劇團。
The Lord Chamberlain was a very important man,close to the Queen,
宮內大臣身居要職,與女王關系親密。
and we often put on plays for the Queen's court,and in the houses of the great lords of England.
這樣一來,我們經常有機會被召進女王的宮廷演戲,或者到英國達官顯貴的府邸演戲。
We had some very good actors.
我們劇團不乏出色的演員。
There was Will,and Richard Burbage,of course,and John Heminges.
其中有威爾,理查·白貝芝,約翰·海明,
And there was Augustine Phillips,Henry Condell,and Thomas Pope.
奧古斯丁·菲利普斯,亨利·康德爾和托馬斯·蒲伯。
There were other actors,too,but those six were the real company.
當然還有其他演員,只是這六個人是劇團的臺柱。
They worked together for more than twenty years.And made a lot of money,too.
他們已經一起合作了20多年,也賺了不少的錢。
I did the costumes and properties for the Chamberlain's
我仍為宮內大臣劇團做戲裝和道具。
John Heminges said I was the best properties man in the city.
約翰·海明說我是倫敦市里最出色的道具師。