第一、 地道表達
【地道短語】the ins and outs
【解詞釋義】ins表示“進來的東西”,outs是“出去的東西”,因此,ins and outs是指“詳細情況,來龍去脈,里里外外,前前后后”。
【典型范例】He knows the ins and outs of effective marketing.
他摸清楚了有效的市場調查。
My brother knows the ins and outs of mechanical engineering.
我的哥哥精通機械工程學的里里外外。
I don't know the ins and outs of the matter.
我不知道這件事的來龍去脈。
No one knows all the ins and outs of this situation.
沒有人知道這個情況的底細。
Let me tell you the ins and outs of our school.
讓我來告訴你有關這間學校的一切。
第三、詞海拾貝
know a lot about something/somebody
【釋義】對......很熟悉,對......知之甚多
【范例】 You seem to know a lot about him.
你好像很了解他。
It means you know a lot about movies and you have seen quite a large number of them.
就是說你很懂電影并且看過很多片子。
I do not know a lot about China yet, but I am eager to learn.
我對中國還不太了解,但我很想知道。
It seems you know quite a lot about it. I'd better ask for your advice when I have the chance.
看來你知道的真不少,有機會得好好向你請教。
第四、口語句型
There is very little sb does not know.
【釋義】某人學識淵博,無所不知。
Sb feels the same way.
【釋義】某人有同感。