STEVE: I'm going over to the gym. I want to do some running.
史堤夫:我要去健身中心,我想要跑步。
JOSEPH: Why don't you run outside?
喬瑟夫:你為什么不在戶外跑?
STEVE: Are you kidding? Do you know how cold it is today?
史堤夫:你開玩笑吧?你知道今天有多冷嗎?
JOSEPH: Yeah, I suppose. I guess it isn't healthy to run in this weather.
喬瑟夫:對,我相信。我認為在這種天氣下跑步也不健康。
STEVE: No, it's not. Not at all. I'd probably freeze my lungs.
史堤夫:不,一點也不健康。一點也不。我的肺很可能都會結凍。
JOSEPH: Wait for me a minute. I'll go over to the gym too.
喬瑟夫:等我一下。我跟你一起去健身中心。
STEVE: You?
史堤夫:你?
JOSEPH: Yes, why not? Just let me get my gym clothes together.
喬瑟夫:對,為什么不?讓我把運動服帶上。
STEVE: I didn't know you could exercise.
史堤夫:我并不知道你做運動。
JOSEPH: What do you mean by that? Everyone can exercise!
喬瑟夫:你是什么意思?每個人都可以運動啊!
STEVE: Yeah, I know. But you?I always thought you were only good at lifting beer bottles to your mouth.
史堤夫:對呀,我知道。但是你?我一直認為你只會把啤酒瓶放進你的嘴巴。
JOSEPH: No, not at all. I was on the swimming team in high school.And I'd like to do some weight training. They have decent equipment at that gym.
喬瑟夫:不,才沒有。我在高中的時候參加過游泳隊。我也喜歡做一些舉重運動。健身中心有很好的設備。
STEVE: You're going to lift weights? Hah!
史堤夫:你要舉重?哈!
JOSEPH: Are you laughing at me?
喬瑟夫:你在笑我嗎?
STEVE: I'm sorry. I just can't imagine you lifting weights.
史堤夫:我很抱歉,我只是無法想象你舉重。
JOSEPH: Maybe not. But I want to start. I need to get in shape.I feel these past couple months that my energy is low.
喬瑟夫:或許沒有,但我想要開始。我需要保持住身材。我感到這過去的幾個月我的體能差了許多。
STEVE: It's true. If a person doesn't exercise, they get sluggish.That's why I keep running. Even in the winter.
史堤夫:是真的。如果一個人不運動,他們會變得很懶。那就是為什么我堅持跑步,甚至在冬天也是這樣。
JOSEPH: So I need to do something too.
喬瑟夫:所以我也需要做點什么。
STEVE: But lifting weights isn't the best thing.You should do some kind of aerobic exercise.
史堤夫:但舉重并不是最好的。你可以做一些健身操。
JOSEPH: I know. But I want to start today with a little weight lifting.Then I'm going to buy a new swimming suit and goggles,and every other day I'm going to go swim laps in the pool. How does that sound?
喬瑟夫:我知道。但我今天想開始做一點舉重。然后我要去買一件新的泳衣及一副蛙鏡每隔一天我就可以在泳池游來游去了。聽起來不錯吧?
STEVE: It sounds like a good plan to me. I'm still... I mean...
史堤夫:聽起來真是一個很好的計劃。我還是……我的意思是……
JOSEPH: What?
喬瑟夫:怎么了啊?
STEVE: I'm still just surprised you really want to do it.It doesn't seem to go with your character.
史堤夫:我還是很驚訝你真的要這樣做。這真的跟你的個性不合。
JOSEPH: Well, if that's true, then maybe I need to change my character, don't I?I don't want to become a fat slob.
喬瑟夫:嗯,如果那是真的,或許我是要改變一下我的個性,對嗎?我可不想變成一個癡肥。