第一、妙語連珠
1. take on:開始雇傭
e.g. He's spoken to a publishing firm. They're going to take him on.
他和一家出版公司談過了,他們打算雇用他。
2. do one’s work:做事,工作
e.g. Why don't you get off my back and let me do my work!
你就不能別打擾我讓我好好地工作!
3. go down:下樓
e.g. John has been awake for hours but he does not go down yet.
約翰醒來好幾個小時了,但是他還是沒有下樓來。
4. for long:長久地
e.g. My mother remained silent for long.
媽媽保持沉默了很久。
5. go into:開始從事
e.g. My father has now gone into the tourism business.
我爸爸現在從事旅游業。
6. back to:回到
e.g. I wrote back to him immediately to thank them for the invitation.
我立刻給他寫了回信, 感謝他們盛情邀請。
7. turn up:(常指出其不意地或經長久等待后)出現,到來,露面
e.g. Richard had turned up on Christmas Eve with Tony.
理查德和托尼在圣誕夜一道露面了。
e.g. This is similar to waiting for a bus that never turns up.
這就跟等待一輛永遠等不到的公共汽車差不多。
8. like a shot:立即,飛快地
e.g. If I had a chance to go to Japan, I'd take it like a shot.
如果我有機會去日本, 我會樂意接受。
e.g. As soon as he heard the news, he was off like a shot.
一聽到這消息他馬上就趕去了。
第二、口語表達
情景設置:每個季節的到來,我們都要更換不同的衣服,現在夏季到了,我們馬上可以穿上性感而又顯示身材的裙子了。
套用句型:Sb goes into something.
句型操練:We will go into beautiful and fashionable dresses by this month.