11 Two Baseball Fans
11 兩個棒球迷
Dave and his twin brother John were too huge baseball fans. During their entire lives, John and Dave talked baseball. They went to sixty games a year. They even agreed that whoever died first will try to come back and tell the other if there was baseball in heaven.
大衛和他的孿生哥哥約翰是兩個超級棒球迷。他們的一生都在談論棒球。他們每年都要去看60場比賽。他們甚至還約定,無論誰先死,都要盡力回來告訴另一個人天堂是否有棒球。
One night, John passed away in a sleep after watching the Yankee Victory earlier in the evening. A few nights later, Dave awoke to the sound of John's voice from beyond.
一天晚上,約翰看完美國隊獲勝后安然長眠。幾個晚上后,大衛被他從上而來的聲音驚醒。
"John, is that you? Am I dreaming?" Dave asked.
“約翰,是你嗎?我在做夢嗎?”大衛問。
"Yes, it's me." John replied.
“是我。”約翰回到。
"That is unbelievable!" Dave exclaimed, "I have a strong desire to know whether there is baseball in heaven, tell me!"
“真難以置信!”大衛叫道,“我很想指代天堂是否有棒球。快告訴我。”
"Well, I have some good news and some bad news for you. Which do you want to hear first?"
“我有好和壞的兩個消息要告訴你,先聽哪個?”
"Tell me the good news first."
“先說好的吧。”
"Well, the good new is that there is baseball in heaven."
“好消息就是天堂里真的有棒球。”
"Oh, that is wonderful! So what is the bad news?"
“哦,太好了,那么壞的呢?”
"You're coming tomorrow night."
“你明晚也要到天堂來了。”