1. 表示喝酒
How about a drink?
去喝一杯怎么樣?
Two bottles of beer, please./Two beers, please.
請來兩瓶啤酒。
What kind of snacks should we have?
要什么下酒菜呢?
I like to go barhopping.
我喜歡換酒館喝。
Would you like a refill? (Would you like more? How about a refill? Would you like one more?)
再來一杯,怎么樣?
This whiskey is strong.
怕種威士忌挺沖。
I feel a little tipsy. (I'm slightly drunk.)
我覺得有點兒醉了。
I'm loaded. (I'm wasted.)
我喝得酩酊大醉。
Drink moderately. (Don't overdo it. Please don't drink too much.)
喝酒要適可而止。
I get drunk easily. (I get drunk quickly.)
我的酒量小。
I'm a heavy drinker.
我的酒量大。
I drank too much.
我喝得太多了。
I have a hangover.
我頭天的酒還沒醒呢。
Tips
干杯的說法:bottoms up.或Let's make a toast.
喝酒喝很多的人是heavy drinkers(酒鬼,就像把癮君子叫做heavy smokers一樣),而形容一個人喝很多酒,很會喝酒則是drink like a fish,即牛飲、海量。喜歡喝酒的人常常勸別人喝。勸酒就是強迫別人喝酒,英文叫做force others to drink。但是,如果是跟外國人一起喝酒的場合,這一點必須小心為好。
想表達“滴酒不沾”的意思,可以說:I don't want to drink anything with alcohol.
想表達“借酒澆愁”的時候可以說:My wife drives me to drink. 我的太太逼得我借酒澆愁。
再來一杯的表達方法是:Make it two.或者:Make that a double, please.
Let's drink till we drop.一醉方休。
強調自己非常清醒說:I am still sober. 我很清醒。 再強調一點可以說:I am stone sober.或是I am cold sober.
喝醉的表達:I am drunk. 俚語的說法可以把drunk換成afloat, all at sea, bashed, belted或是boozed。hangover宿醉,指喝醉后隔天早上醒來頭痛等癥狀。
2. 表示運氣
He cursed (at) his bad luck.
他詛咒自己運氣不好。
He owes his success more to luck than to ability.
他認為他的成功是靠運氣而不是因為自己有能力。
She is fortunate in having a kind husband.
她運氣好,有一個好丈夫。
It is better to trust to valor than to luck.
靠運氣不如靠勇氣。
They envy him his good fortune.
他們羨慕他的好運氣。
In the experiment, we leave nothing to chance.
做實驗時,我們絕不靠碰運氣。
I was lucky to have drawn a trump.
我運氣好,抽到張王牌。
Carl has lost his job and is really badly off.
卡爾丟了工作,運氣確實不佳。
實例說明
have the Midas touch 手氣好,運氣好
例:Mr. Wang has the Midas touch: everything he does turns to gold.王先生的手氣特別好,干什么都掙錢。
be on the gravy train 走運
例:He's been on the gravy train these years. 這幾年他一直很走運。
lead a charmed life 命好
例:He must have been leading a charmed life! 他的命真好!
a blessing in disguise 因禍得福
例:He had an accident and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise: a pretty nurse fell in love with him during his stay inthe hospital. 他遭遇車禍反而因禍得福了:住院時和一個漂亮的護士相愛了。
a lucky dog 走運的人
例:You are a lucky dog. 你真是個幸運兒。
get in the neck 倒霉
例:In the family, if the kicks-up are found out by the parents, it's always the elder of the children who'll get in the neck.
在家里,如果孩子們打架被父母發現了,倒霉的總是年齡大的孩子。
strike a bad patch 倒霉,不幸
例: Occasionally, every one strikes a bad patch.每個人都會時而碰上倒霉的事。另外還可以用“find the bean in the cake中彩,獨占鰲頭”和“in the lap of Fortune運氣好”來表示某人走運的意思。
adv. 些微地,苗條地