Come on, Dad, we gotta go! Wake up!
快起來,爸爸,我們要走了啦!
Your son is awake. Before sunrise, he's your son.
你兒子已經醒了。在天亮前,他是你兒子。
Dad! Come on, Dad. You promised.
爸……拜托啦!你答應過我的呀。
Look, Simba. Everything the light touches is our kingdom. A king's time as ruler rises and falls like the sun.
辛巴,你看。陽光所照到的一切都是我們的國土。一個國王的統治就跟太陽的起落是相同的。
One day, Simba, the sun will set on my time here...and will rise with you as the new king.
總有一天,太陽將在我的統治下落下,在你的統治下升起。
What about that shadowy place?
那有陰影的地方呢?
That's beyond our borders. You must never go there, Simba.
那在我們的國度之外。你絕不可以去那個地方。
But I thought a king can do whatever he wants.
我以為國王可以隨心所欲呀!
There's more to being king...than getting your way all the time.
你錯了,國王也不能凡事都隨心所欲。
It's, you got to put your past behind you.
是……你必須把過去拋到腦后。
Look, kid, bad things happen...and you can't do anything about it, right?
孩子,你常會碰到一些倒霉的事,而你卻拿它沒辦法,對吧?
When the world turns its back on you...you turn your back on the world.
當這個世界遺棄你的時候,你就去遺棄這個世界。
Well, that's not what I was taught.
我以前學的不是這樣。
Then maybe you need a new lesson.
那么你或許應該學點新知識。