Todd: Hello!
你好!
David: Hello, Seattle!
你好,西雅圖!
Todd: Hello, Seattle! OK, well, how about could you introduce yourself to the listener?
你好,西雅圖!好的,你能向聽眾介紹一下自己嗎?
David: Oh, hi, I'm David. I'm from Tennessee. The home of Jack Daniel's whiskey and Elvis Presley.
你好,我是大衛。我來自田納西州。杰克丹尼威士忌和埃維斯·普里斯利的故鄉。
Todd: Do you like Elvis?
你喜歡埃維斯?
David: He's OK.
他很好。
Todd: Yeah! Cool!
酷!
David: Never met the guy, but.
但我從來沒見過真人。
Todd: Your name is David.
你的名字叫大衛。
David: Yes, that is correct.
是的,沒錯。
Todd: But what does everyone call you here?
這里的人都怎么稱呼你?
David: Tennessee
田納西。
Todd: OK. Why does everyone call you Tennessee?
為什么所有人都叫你田納西?
David: Two reasons. One, I'm from Tennessee, the most obvious reason and the third is because usually there is two to three, one time there was four Davids here.
有兩個原因。第一,我來自田納西州,這是最明顯的原因。另外,就是因為通常會同時有兩個或三個,有時候甚至是四個人都叫大衛。
Todd: Oh, I see.
我明白了。
David: And to keep us from getting confused they just started calling me Tennessee.
為了不叫混了,大家就開始叫我田納西。
Todd: Oh, nice. Great. Well it was nice to meet you, David.
好的,太棒了。很高興認識你,大衛。
David: Nice to meet you too, Todd.
很高興認識你,托德。
注:譯文屬可可英語原創,未經允許,請勿轉載。