UNIT 4 Work for Peace
第四單元 為和平而努力
Lesson 31: Peace at Last
第31課: 終于和平了
Dear Danny,This week,I had a big fight with a friend.
親愛的丹尼:這周,我和一個朋友大吵了一架。
He and I play on the same basketball team.
我和他在同一個籃球隊打球。
We were going to play on Sunday.
我們周日要去打比賽。
It was a very important game.
這是一個非常重要的比賽。
Then,on Thursday,we heard some news.
在周四,我們聽到了一些消息。
The time of the game had been changed.
比賽的時間已經變了。
Now,we were going to play on Saturday afternoon.
現在,我們要在周六下午打比賽。
I said to my friend,
我對我的朋友說:
"Oh,no!I have been invited to a party on Saturday afternoon!"
“哦,不!我周六下午已經應邀要參加一個聚會?!?br />He said,"Oh,what a pity.
他說:“哦,多么遺憾啊。
You'll have to miss the party."
你將不得不錯過這個聚會了?!?br />This was a big problem.
這是一個大問題。
I had already said that I would come to the party.
我已經說了我會參加聚會。
I couldn't do both.
我不能兩者兼顧。
I had to decide between them.
我必須在它們之間做出選擇。
When I told my friend about my problem,he was angry.
當我告訴我的朋友我的問題后,他很生氣。
He said,"You can't miss the game!
他說:“你不能缺席這場比賽!
You're a member of the team!"
你是球隊的一員!”
When I went home,I asked my mother what I should do.
當我回家后,我問我媽媽我該怎么做。
She said that the decision was mine.
她說我應該自己決定。
I couldn't fall asleep that night.
我那天晚上失眠了。
I kept thinking about my problem.
我一直在想我的問題。
In the morning,I told my mother,
第二天早上,我告訴我媽媽說:
"I think I'll go to the party.
“我想我會去參加聚會的。
I said that I would be there.
我說過我會去的。
It wouldn't be fair for me to go to the game."
去參加比賽對我來說不公平。”
"All right," my mother said.
“對,”我媽媽說。
"If I knew that the game would be on Saturday,I would have said no to the party invitation.
“如果我知道比賽將在周六舉行,我會拒絕聚會邀請的。
But I said yes,so I have to go."
但是我答應了,因此我必須去?!?br />After I missed the game,my friend was very angry.
在我缺席那場比賽之后,我的朋友非常生氣。
I tried to explain,but he's still mad at me.
我設法解釋,但是他仍然很生我的氣。
What should I do?
我該怎么辦?
Your friend,Li Ming
你的朋友, 李明
Dear Li Ming,
親愛的李明:
Don't be angry,but I laughed when I read your e-mail.
別生氣,我讀了你的電子郵件后笑了。
You fought with your friend this week,and I fought with my friend,too!
你這周和你的朋友發生了口角,我也和我的朋友發生了爭執!
Brian and I were so angry that we weren't speaking to each other.
我和布萊恩都非常生氣,我們都不理對方了。
It started when I found ten dollars on the street.
這從我在街上發現了十美元開始。
I was very happy,because I wanted to buy a birthday present for my friend Sandra.
我非常高興,因為我想給我的朋友桑德拉買一件生日禮物。
After I bought the present,I told Jenny and Brian about finding the money.
在我買了禮物之后,我告訴了珍妮和布萊恩我撿到錢的事了。
Brian said that he had lost ten dollars.
布萊恩說他丟了十美元。
He said that the money I found was his.
他說我撿到的錢是他的。
Soon,we were both shouting at each other.
后來,我們就互相大吵起來。
Brian said that he wouldn't be my friend again until I gave him his money.
布萊恩說除非我還他錢否則他就不再做我的朋友了。
Jenny said we should have a conversation.
珍妮說我們應該談一談。
Yesterday,she helped us to make peace with each other.
昨天,她幫我們和解了。
We held a meeting.
我們進行了一次會面。
She told us that we shouldn't fight over ten dollars.
她說我們不應該為了十美元而爭吵。
Brian and I agreed to go home and think about it.
我和布萊恩同意回家想想這件事。
So I did.Do you know what I decided?
我也這樣做了。你知道我的決定嗎?
I am going to give Brian ten dollars.
我打算給布萊恩十美元。
I'm going to babysit my cousin Debbie next week,and I will give Brian the money I earn.
我下周要幫忙照看我的堂妹黛比,我會把我掙到的錢給布萊恩的。
Danny P.S.Brian just called me on the phone.
丹尼 附言:布萊恩剛剛打電話給我。
He said friendship is more important than money.
他說友誼比金錢更重要。
He said he doesn't want the ten dollars anymore!
他說他不再想要那十美元了!
I shouldn't keep others'money.
我不應該把別人的錢占為己有。
Friendship is more important!
友誼更重要!
I regret what I did.
我后悔我所做的事了。
LET'S DO IT!
做一做!
Write a diary entry,an e-mail or a letter about the topic below:
寫一篇關于下面話題的日記、郵件、信。
Have you or anyone in your family experienced war before?
你或你們家的人曾經經歷過戰爭嗎?
What is war like?
戰爭是什么樣的?
n. 會話,談話