UNIT 4 Work for Peace
第四單元 為和平而努力
Lesson 30: Let's Work for Peace
第30課:讓我們為和平而努力
THINK ABOUT IT!
想一想!
How many clubs are there in your school?
你們學校有多少個俱樂部?
What are they?What is the biggest club?
是什么?哪個是最大的俱樂部?
How many members does it have?
有多少成員?
What do the members of a student council do?
學生會的成員是干什么的?
I think we should all work for peace.
我認為我們都應該為和平而努力。
Each of us can make a difference.
每個人都可以發揮作用。
My name is Danielle.
我是丹妮爾。
I'm in Grade Nine this year.
今年我上九年級。
I'm president of the student council at my school.
我是我們學校的學生會主席。
What's a student council?
什么是學生會?
It's a group of special students chosen to represent all the students.
它是一群被選為代表所有學生的特殊學生。
Other students choose them.
別的學生選他們。
Most junior high schools in Canada have a student council.
加拿大大部分的初中都有一個學生會。
Student councils work to make schools better places.
學生會為使學校更美好而努力。
What does the student council do?
學生會做什么呢?
Sometimes we plan projects for our school.
有時我們為我們學校計劃活動。
In December,we decided to give some money to an organization.
在十二月,我們決定給一個組織捐錢。
The organization provides food and drink for the poor in our city.
這個組織給我們市的窮人提供食物和飲料。
How did we get the money?
我們如何籌到錢呢?
We had a special event in the school gym.
我們在校體育館舉行了一次特別的活動。
We sold tickets.Lots of students came.
我們售票。許多學生都來了。
We made about $300.
我們籌了大約300美元。
On student council,we have to work together.
在學生會,我們必須一起工作。
It's not always easy!We don't always agree.
這不總是很容易!我們的觀點不總是一致。
But when we disagree,we try to understand each other.
但是,在我們意見不一時,我們盡力互相理解。
I think it's important to try to understand other people.
我認為盡力理解別人是非常重要的。
At my school,it's very important.
在我們學校,這非常重要。
We have students from lots of cultures.
我們的學生來自不同的文化背景。
Some of us wear different clothes.
我們中有些人穿不同的衣服。
Some of us have different religions.
有些人有不同的宗教信仰。
Some of us speak different languages at home.
有些人說不同的方言。
But we are still friends.
但是我們仍然是朋友。
Many schools in Canada are like Danielle's school.
加拿大的許多學校都像丹妮爾的學校一樣。
They have many different kinds of people.
有很多不同類型的人。
If they're really lucky,they have a dinosaur,too!
如果他們真的幸運的話,他們還會有一只恐龍!
I think each of us can work for peace in our schools and in the world.
我認為我們每個人都能夠為我們的學校和世界的和平而努力。
What do we need to do?
我們需要做什么?
We need to learn about different cultures and make friends with people from other cultures.
我們需要學習不同的文化,和來自其他文化的人們交朋友。
It's okay to be different,and it's okay to know people who are different.
不一樣沒有關系,了解不同的人也是可以的。
This is what I think:
這就是我所認為的:
never feel afraid to be someone's friend and you should always trust your friend.
不要害怕成為某個人的朋友,并且你應該始終相信你的朋友。
LET'S DO IT!Plan a debate about this topic:
做一做!準備一個關于這個話題的辯論:
countries should never go to war to solve disputes.
各國決不能通過戰爭來解決爭端。
Are there any wars in the world today?
當今世界上有什么戰爭嗎?
Where are they?Are wars good or bad?
在哪里?戰爭是好事還是壞事?
Are there better ways to solve problems?
有更好的辦法來解決問題嗎?
n. 辯論,討論
vt. 爭論,思考