UNIT 4 Stay Healthy
第四單元 保持健康
Lesson 31: Danny Tells All
第三十一課: 丹尼告知了一切
It's Friday morning.
星期五早晨,
Everyone is coming into Mr.Jones'class and sitting down.
大家來到瓊斯老師班里坐下來。
"Good morning,class," says Mr.Jones.
“同學們,早上好,”瓊斯老師說。
"Quiet,please!I have something to tell you about Danny."
“請安靜! 我有一些關于丹尼的事情要告訴你們。”
"Where is Danny?" asks a student.
“丹尼在哪呢?”一名同學問。
"Is he sick?" "Yes," says Mr.Jones.
“他病了嗎?”“是的,”瓊斯老師說。
"Did he catch a cold?" asks another student.
“他感冒了嗎?”另一名同學問道,
"My brother fell ill with a bad cold this week."
“我哥哥這周得了重感冒。”
"No," says Mr.Jones.
“不是,”瓊斯老師說,
"Danny's in the hospital.
“丹尼在醫院。
Let's listen to Brian and Jenny.
我們聽聽布賴恩和詹妮說。
They can tell us all about it."
他們會告訴我們事情的全部。”
Yesterday,Brian and I visited Danny in the hospital.
昨天,我和布賴恩去醫院探望了丹尼。
Danny felt terrible about missing school this week.
丹尼為這星期沒有上學感到難過。
He gave us a letter.
他給我們一封信。
He asked us to read it to you.
他讓我們給大家念一下。
Everyone is very quiet as Brian reads the letter.
當布賴恩讀信時大家都很安靜。
Here is what it says.下
面是信上所說的。
Hello,classmates!
同學們,你們好!
I have had a very interesting week!
我度過了十分有趣的一周!
I had appendicitis.
我得了闌尾炎。
I don't have it anymore,but I don't have an appendix,either!
我再也不會得了,不過我也沒有闌尾了。
The doctor took it out!
醫生將它切除了!
I slept all day after I had my appendix out.
闌尾切除后我睡了一整天。
The next day I woke up,but I felt terrible!
第二天我醒來卻感到很難受!
I didn't want to eat,but I was very thirsty.
我不想吃東西,但非常渴。
My doctor said I had a fever.
我的醫生說我發燒了。
She told me to drink plenty of water and have a good rest.
她告訴我多喝水,多休息。
I stayed in bed and rested.
我就呆在床上休息。
Sometimes the nurses gave me pop to drink!
有時護士給我喝汽水!
Now,I'm feeling much better.
現在,我感覺好多了。
My mother brought me some new books to read (but no homework).
我的媽媽給我帶了些新書來看(但沒家庭作業)。
I also have a television in my room!
我房間里還有一臺電視機!
See you all next week!
下周見!
Your friend,Danny
你們的朋友, 丹尼
LET'S DO IT!
Think about what it was like the last time you were ill.
What did you do to recover?Write your story down.
You may begin like this:I felt terrible that day.
I had a fever.I ______.