I might throw up on you.
我可能會吐你一身
You're doing fine.
你干的不錯
You don't seem afraid at all.
你看起來一點兒也不害怕
I don't understand that.
我不明白
Well, fear's sort of an odd thing.
恐懼算是一件怪異的事
When I was in residency, my first solo procedure was a spinal surgery on a 16-year-old kid.
在我實習的時候 我第一次主刀是為一名16歲孩子作脊柱手術
A girl. And at the end, after 13 hours, I was closing her up and I...I accidentally ripped her dural sack.
一個女孩子 在13個小時以后 臨近結束的時候 在我縫合的時候 我不小心撕開了她的硬膜腔
It's at the base of the spine where all the nerves come together.
神經集中的脊柱基部被弄碎了
Membrane as thin as tissue, and...So it ripped open.
隔膜 隔膜組織都被撕開了
Nerves just spilled out of her like angel hair pasta, spinal fluid flowing out of her and I...
神經像細意大利面一樣散出 脊髓液流了出來
The terror was just so...crazy, so real...and I knew I had to deal with it.
感覺如此恐怖...真實 可我知道我必須去面對
So I just made a choice. I'd let the fear in. Let it take over. Let it do its thing.
于是我做出了一個選擇 我讓恐懼侵襲我全身 讓它令我驚慌失措
But only for five seconds, that's all I was gonna give it.
但我只給它五秒鐘 就這么多
So I started to count. One, two, three, four, five.
然后我開始記數 一 二 三 四 五
And it was gone. I went back to work, sewed her up and she was fine.
然后恐懼感消失了 我重返工作 縫好了她 她沒事了
If that had been me, I think I would've run for the door.
換作是我的話 我早就奪門而出了
No, I don't think that's true. You're not running now.
我看不會 你現在并沒跑掉啊