Situation 76
情景 76
Math is beyond me.
我對數學無能為力。
Hi,Bill.How are you doing?
嗨,比爾。近況如何?
Pretty good.Yourself?
相當不錯。你呢?
Couldn't be better.How do you like your ckasses?
再好不過了。你喜歡你的課程嗎?
I like everything except math.Math is beyond me.
除了數學我每樣都喜歡。我對數學無能為力。
I like math.It's my major.
我喜歡數學。它是我的主修科目。
Would you help me then?
那么請你幫我好嗎?
How long have you been in this country?
你在這國家多久了?
About three months.
大概三個月。
Is it hard for you to study at an American college?
對你來說,在美國大學里求學是不是很困難?
Yes,I find it very difficult.
是的,我發現非常困難。
Especially when you can't foolow a professor's lecture.
尤其是當你無法跟得上教授的講課時。
That's because you just arrived.Do you like biology?
那是因為你剛來。你喜歡生物學嗎?
No,it's beyond me.
不。我不懂。
Is that your son?
那是你兒子嗎?
Yes.He's home from school for the weekend.
是的。他從學校回來度周末。
What is he majoring in at college?
他在大學里主修什么?
Physics.
物理學。
Interesting.What area of physics?
很有趣。哪一范圍的物理學?
I really don't know.I don't understand half of what he says.It's beyond me.
我真的不知道。他說的有一半我都不懂。我無能為力。