I know your wife is dead.
我知道你妻子死了
I was there in Croatia.
我當時也在克羅地亞
I was there for one reason.
我去那里只有一個任務
One. And I failed.
一個 我卻失敗了
It was my job to protect her.
保護她是我的責任
How do you know she's dead?
你怎么知道她死了
There was a body.
找到尸體了
Did you see it?
你親眼見到了嗎
You killed those Serbians.
你殺了那些塞爾維亞人
I had to get her back.
我要把她救回來
You were sent to Rankow Prison.
你進了蘭卡監獄
That was a sacrifice I was willing to make.
那是我自愿做出的犧牲
IMF suspected Hendricks had people in Rankow.
IMF懷疑蘭卡監獄里有亨德里克斯的人
And six dead Serbians was the ideal cover.
而殺死六個塞爾維亞人是你的最佳掩護
Waste not, want not.
算是為民除害吧
The Secretary never told me.
部長一直沒告訴我
I accepted the Rankow Prison mission on one condition.
我接受蘭卡監獄的任務只有一個條件
That no one could know she was still alive.
不能有人知道她還活著
But you're telling me.
但你告訴我了
When did you find out that I was in Croatia?
你什么時候知道我當時也在克羅地亞
I pulled your file after India.
我從印度回來后查了你的檔案
Right. So you had to fake your wife's death.
好吧 所以 你不得不假造你妻子的死
As long as we were together, she could never be safe.
只要我們在一起 她就永遠有危險
It wasn't your job to protect her, Brandt.
保護她不是你的責任 勃蘭特
It's mine.
是我的責任