日韩色综合-日韩色中色-日韩色在线-日韩色哟哟-国产ts在线视频-国产suv精品一区二区69

手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 英語聽力 > 雙語有聲讀物 > 秘密花園 > 正文

《秘密花園》第6期:柯林害怕了

編輯:mike ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


掃描二維碼進行跟讀打分訓練

6 Colin is afraid

6 柯林害怕了
Because it rained all the next week,Mary went to talk to Colin every day instead of visiting the garden.
由于接下來下了一個星期的雨,瑪麗沒有去花園,而是每天去看柯林。
But she woke early one morning to see the sun shining into her room,
可一天早晨她很早就醒了,看見陽光灑進她的房間,
and she ran out to the secret garden at once.
她立即跑出去到秘密花園,
She did not even wait to have her breakfast.
連早餐也沒來得及吃。
It was beautifully sunny and warm,
天氣晴朗,陽光明媚,
and a thousand more shoots were pushing their way out of the ground.
無數的嫩牙拱出地面,
Dickon was already there,digging hard,with the crow and a young fox beside him.
狄肯已經在那兒了,正起勁地挖著土,他的身邊有一只烏鴉和一只小狐貍。
‘Have you seen the robin?’he asked Mary.
“看見知更鳥了嗎?”他問瑪麗。
The little bird was flying busily backwards and forwards as fast as he could,carrying pieces of dry grass.
小鳥正忙碌地飛前飛后銜著枯葉。
‘He's building a nest!’whispered Mary.
“它在筑巢呢!”瑪麗低聲道。
They watched the robin for a moment.Then Mary said,
他們看了一會兒,然后瑪麗說:
‘I must tell you something.
“我得告訴你一件事。
You probably know about Colin Craven,don't you?
你聽說過柯林·克萊文,是嗎?
Well,I've met him,and I'm going to help him to get better.’
我見過他了,而且我要幫助他好起來。”
‘That's good news.’
“這可是好消息,”
There was a big smile on Dickon's honest face.
狄肯質樸的臉上露出了開心的笑容。
‘We all knew he was ill.’
“我們都知道他有病。”
‘He's afraid he'll have a crooked back like his father.
“他是害怕會像他父親那樣駝背,
I think that's what's making him ill.’
我看這就是他生病的原因。”
‘Perhaps we can bring him here and let him rest under the trees.
“也許我們可以帶他來這兒讓他在樹下休息。
That'll do him good.
那會對他有好處。
That's what we'll do.’
而那正是我們要做的。”
They had a lot of gardening and planning to do and Mary did not have time to visit Colin that day.
他們忙著在花園里修整、種花,所以瑪麗一整天沒時間去看柯林。
When she came back to the house in the evening,
當她晚上回到房間時,
Martha told her that the servants had had trouble with Colin.
瑪莎告訴她用人們在柯林那兒惹了麻煩了。
‘He's been very badtempered all afternoon with all of us,
“他整個下午沖我們所有人發脾氣,
because you didn't come,miss.’
就因為你沒去看他,小姐。”
‘Well,I was busy.He'll have to learn not to be so selfish,’replied Mary coldly.
“哦,我很忙。他得學著別這么自私。”瑪麗冷冷地說。
She forgot how selfish she had been when she was ill in India.
她忘了她自己在印度生病時有多自私了。
‘I'll go and see him now.’
“我現在就去看他。”
When she went into his room,he was lying in bed,looking tired.
她走進房間時,他正躺在床上,顯得很疲倦,
He did not turn to look at her.
沒有扭頭看她。
‘What's the matter with you?’she asked crossly.
“你怎么啦?”她不太耐煩地問道。
‘My back aches and my head hurts.
“我后背疼,頭也疼。
Why dldn't you come this afternoon?’
下午你為什么沒來?”
‘I was working in the garden with Dickon.’
“我在花園里跟狄肯一起干活兒。”
‘I won't let that boy come to the garden if you stay with him instead of talking to me!’
“要是你凈跟他在一起不來跟我說話,我就不許那個孩子到花園里來!”
Mary suddenly became very angry.
瑪麗當即就生氣了。
‘If you send Dickon away,I'll never come into this room again!’
“你要讓狄肯走的話,我就再也不到這兒來了!”
‘You'll have to,if I say so.I'll make the servants bring you in here.’
“你必須得來,因為我說了讓你來,我會叫用人把你叫來。”
‘Oh,will you,prince!
“哦,是嗎?王子!
But no one can make me talk to you.
可是沒人能讓我跟你說話呀!
I won't look at you.
我會連看都不看你,
I'll stare at the floor!’
就盯著地板!”
‘You selfish girl!’cried Colin.
“你自私!”柯林叫嚷道。
‘You're more selfish than I am.
“你比我自私多了。
You're the most selfish boy I've ever met!’
你是我見過的最自私的人!”
‘I'm not as selfish as your fine Dickon!
“我可不像你可愛的狄肯那么自私,
He keeps you playing outside when he knows I'm ill and alone!’
他明知我一個人在生病,卻讓你一直在外面陪著他玩!”
Mary had never been so furious.
瑪麗從來沒生過這么大的氣,
‘Dickon is nicer than any other boy in the world!He's like an angel!’
“狄肯比世界上任何男孩都好!他像個天使!”
‘An angel!Don't make me laugh!
“一個天使!別逗了!
He's just a poor country boy,with holes in his shoes!’
他不過是個鄉下的窮孩子。鞋底還漏著窟窿!”
‘He's a thousand times better than you are!’
“他比你好上一千倍!”
Colin had never argued with anyone like himself in his life,and in fact it was good for him.
柯林長這么大從沒跟自己年齡相仿的人吵過架,這實際上對他有好處。
But now he was beginning to feel sorry for himself.
可這會兒他覺得自己可憐極了。
‘I'm always ill,’he said,and started to cry.
“我老是生病,”他一邊說一邊哭起來。
‘I'm sure my back is a bit crooked.And I'm going to die!’
“我肯定我的背有點駝了,而且我就快死了!”
‘No,you're not!’said Mary crossly.
“不,你不會的!”瑪麗不耐煩了。
Colin opened his eyes very wide.
柯林睜大了眼睛,
Nobody had said that to him before.
以前從來沒人這么說過他。
He was angry,but a bit pleased at the same time.
他生氣了,可同時又有點高興。
‘What do you mean?You know I'm going to die!Everybody says I'm going to die!’
“你什么意思?你知道我就要死了!每個人都說我快死了!”
‘I don't believe it!’said Mary in her most disagreeable voice.
“我不信!”瑪麗說,聲音很刺耳。
‘You just say that to make people feel sorry for you.
“你這么說只是想要別人可憐你。
You're too horrid to die!’
你怕死,你不敢去死!”
Colin forgot about his painful back and sat up in bed.
柯林忘了背疼的事,從床上坐起來,
‘Get out of the room at once!’he shouted,
“馬上從這兒滾出去!”他吼道,
and threw a book at her.
把一本書朝她扔過來。
‘I'm going,’Mary shouted in reply,
“我這就走。”瑪麗大聲說,
‘and I won't come back!’The door banged shut behind her.
“我再也不會來了!”她撞上門走了。
When she reached her own room,she had decided never to tell him her great secret.
回到自己的房間后,她下決心永遠不告訴他自己的大秘密。
‘He can stay in his room and die if he 66wants!’she thought.
“他可以呆在他的房間里,要死就死吧!”她想。
But soon she began to remember how ill he had been,
可馬上她又想起他病得那么厲害,
and how frightened he was,frightened that one day his back would become as crooked as his father's.
他是那么恐懼,擔心有一天他的背會像父親一樣駝。
‘Perhaps…perhaps I'll go back and see him tomorrow!’
“也許……也許明天我會回去看看!”
That night she was woken by the most terrible screams that she had ever heard.
這天夜里她被從未聽過的尖叫聲驚醒。
Servants were opening and shutting doors and running about.
用人們開門又關門,跑來跑去。
‘It's Colin!’thought Mary.
“是柯林!”瑪麗想。
‘He'll go on screaming until he makes himself really ill!
“他會不停地叫下去,直到真弄出病來!
How selfish he is!
他多么自私啊!
Somebody should stop him!’
該有人去制止他!”
Just then Martha ran into the room.
這時瑪莎跑進她的房里,
‘We don't know what to do!’she cried.
“我們不知道該怎么辦!”她叫著。
‘He likes you,miss!
“他喜歡你,小姐!
Come and see if you can make him calmer,please!’
去看看你能不能讓他安靜下來,好嗎?”
‘Well,I'm very cross with him,’said Mary,and jumped out of bed.
“好吧,我煩死他了,”瑪麗說著從床上跳下來,
‘I'm going to stop him!’
“我得去制止他!”
‘That's right,’said Martha.
“沒錯,”瑪莎說。
‘He needs someone like you,to argue with.
“他需要像你這樣的人,一起吵吵嘴,
It'll give him something new to think about.’
這能給他點新鮮的東西讓他去琢磨。”
Mary ran into Colin's room,right up to his bed.
瑪麗跑到他的房間,徑直走到床前。
‘Stop screaming!’she shouted furiously.
“別叫啦!”她氣沖沖地喊道,
‘Stop at once!I hate you!
“馬上停住!我討厭你!
Everybody hates you!
人人都討厭你!
You'll die if you go on screaming like this,and I hope you will!’
你再這么喊下去就會死的,我希望你死!”
The screams stopped immediately.
喊叫聲立即停住了。
This was the first time that anyone had spoken so angrily to Colin,and he was shocked.
這可是第一次有人這么氣憤地對柯林說話,他被嚇壞了。
But he went on crying quietly to himself.
不過他還是在小聲哭著。
‘My back's becoming crooked,I can feel it!
“我的背開始駝了,我能感覺到!
I know I'm going to die!’
我知道我就要死了!”
Large tears ran down his face.
大顆的淚珠從他的臉上流了下來。
‘Don't be stupid!’cried Mary.
“別傻了!”瑪麗叫道。
‘There's nothing the matter with your horrid back!
“這跟你可怕的背沒關系!
Martha,come here and help me look at his back!’
瑪莎,過來讓我看看他的背!”
Martha and Mrs Medlock were standing at the door,staring at Mary,their mouths half open.
瑪莎和梅洛太太都站在門邊,瞪著瑪麗,嘴巴半張著。
They both looked very frightened.
看來她們都給嚇壞了。
Martha came forward to help,and Miss Mary looked carefully at Colin's thin white back,up and down.
瑪莎走過來幫忙,瑪麗小姐上上下下仔細看了柯林那消瘦蒼白的脊背,
Her face was serious and angry at the same time.
神色嚴肅,同時又很生氣。
The room was very quiet.
房間里很靜。
‘There's nothing wrong with your back!’she said at last.
“你的脊背一點毛病也沒有!”她最后說道。
‘Nothing at all!It's as straight as mine!’
“什么也沒有,像我的背一樣直!”
Only Colin knew how important those crossly spoken,childish words were.
只有柯林明白這些帶著怒氣說出的孩子氣的話有多么重要。
All his life he had been afraid to ask about his back,and his terrible fear had made him ill.
他長這么大一直都不敢問起自己的脊背,而他的恐懼總是讓他病歪歪的。
Now an angry little girl told him his back was straight,and he believed her.
現在這個憤怒的小姑娘告訴他,說他的脊背是直的,而他相信她。
He was no longer afraid.
他再也不怕了。
They were both calmer now.
他們倆這會兒都安靜多了,
He gave Mary his hand.
他把手伸給瑪麗。
‘I thinkI'm almost sure I will live,if we can go out in the garden together sometimes.
“我想——要是我們哪天能到花園里去的話,我幾乎可以肯定我會活下去的。
I'm very tired now.
我現在很累了,
Will you stay with me until I go to sleep?’
你能等我睡著后再走嗎?”
The servants went out very quietly.
用人們悄悄地退了出去。
‘I'll tell you all about the secret garden,’whispered Mary.
“我要告訴你秘密花園的事,”瑪麗低聲說。
‘I think it's full of roses and beautiful flowers.
“我想里面滿是玫瑰和美麗的花兒,
Birds like making their nests there because it's so quiet and safe.
鳥兒喜歡在里面筑巢是因為那兒寧靜、安全。
And perhaps our robin…
而且也許我們的知更鳥……”
But Colin was already asleep.
可柯林已經睡著了。
The next day Mary met Dickon as usual in the secret garden,and told him about Colin.
第二天瑪麗像往常一樣在秘密花園里見到狄肯,她告訴他柯林的事。
Mary loved Dickon's Yorkshire dialect and was trying to learn it herself.
瑪麗喜歡狄肯的約克郡口音,所以努力在學他,
She spoke a little now.
她現在已經能說一點了。
‘We mun get poor Colin out here in th'sunshine—an’we munnot lose no time about it!’
“我們得把可憐的柯林弄到這兒來曬曬太陽——我們不能再耽擱了!”
Dickon laughed.‘Well done!I didn't know you could speak Yorkshire!
狄肯笑了,“你說的不錯呀!我還不知道你會說約克郡的話!
You're right.
沒錯,
We must bring Colin to the garden as soon as we can.’
我們得盡快帶柯林到花園里來。”
So that afternoon she went to see Colin.
于是下午她來看柯林。
‘I'm sorry I said I'd send Dickon away,’he said.
“很抱歉我說過讓狄肯走的話,”他說。
‘I hated you when you said he was like an angel!’
“你說他像個天使,我就討厭你了。”
‘Well,he's a funny kind of angel,but he understands wild animals better than anyone.’
“嗯,他是那種有趣的天使,而且他比任何人都了解那些動物。
Suddenly,Mary knew that this was the right moment to tell him.
”這時瑪麗覺得是告訴他的時候了,
She caught hold of his hands.
她握住他的手,
‘Colin,this is important.Can you keep a secret?’
“柯林,這很重要,你能保守秘密嗎?”
‘Yes—yes!’he whispered excitedly.‘What is it?’
“能——能!”他小聲興奮地說道。“是什么?”
‘We've found the door into the secret garden!’
“我們找到了進秘密花園的門!”
‘Oh Mary!Will I live long enough to see it?’
“哦,瑪麗!我能活著看看它嗎?”
‘Of course you will!Don't be stupid!’said Mary crossly.
“當然能!別傻了!”瑪麗不耐煩了,
But it was a very natural thing to say,and they both laughed.
可這么說又非常自然,于是兩人都笑了。
Colin told Mrs Medlock and the doctor that he wanted to go out in his wheelchair.
柯林告訴梅洛太太和醫生他想坐輪椅出去。
At first the doctor was worried the boy would get too tired,
開始醫生擔心他會累著,
but when he heard that Dickon would push the wheelchair,he agreed.
可當他聽狄肯說用輪椅推著他時,他同意了。
‘Dickon's a sensible boy,’he told Colin.‘But don't forget—’
“狄肯是個懂事的孩子,”他對柯林說。“但是別忘了——”
‘I've told you,I want to forget that I'm ill,’said Colin in his prince's voice.
“我告訴過你,我想忘了我有病,”柯林用他那王子般的口氣說。
‘Don't you understand?
“你不明白嗎?
It's because my cousin makes me forget that I feel better when I'm with her.’
就是因為我表妹讓我忘掉我有病,跟她在一起我才覺得好些的。”

重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
sensible ['sensəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 可察覺的,意識到的,實用的
n. 可

聯想記憶
frightened ['fraitnd]

想一想再看

adj. 受驚的,受恐嚇的

 
spoke [spəuk]

想一想再看

v. 說,說話,演說

 
disagreeable [.disə'griəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不愉快的,厭惡的,不為人喜的

 
dialect ['daiəlekt]

想一想再看

n. 方言

聯想記憶
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,聽說,獲悉,將 ... 理解為,認為<

 
craven ['kreivən]

想一想再看

adj. 懦弱的,畏縮的 n. 懦夫

聯想記憶
stare [steə(r)]

想一想再看

v. 凝視,盯著看
n. 凝視

 
?
發布評論我來說2句

    最新文章

    可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

    添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
    添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
    主站蜘蛛池模板: 声入人心| 电影《埋葬巴斯托》| 玉匣记全文免费| 快点啊啊啊| 凌博控制器| 怂包| 秀人网小逗逗集免费观看| 常景如| 公共安全教育第一课| 小学生手工玫瑰花| 如来神掌电视剧| 以一当百| 《冰灯》原文| 红领章电视剧免费播放| 免税车中企诚谊| 啪啪电影网| 一路向北 免费观看 电影在线观看| 液氨化学性质| 推拿电影在线完整观看| oldpussy| 初恋在线观看| 同性gay在线| 伍华| 张静东| 现代古诗冰心| 妈妈的朋字韩剧| 猎兽神兵免费全集在线观看高清版| 就要爱| 久纱野水萌| 蜡笔小新日语| 张筱雨粉嫩啪啪人体| 塞下曲景然伶儿| 湖南卫视直播| 黎明电影| 数学二年级上册答案| 陈学冬演过的电视剧有哪些| g83钻孔循环怎么编程| 泷泽萝拉第二部| 有本纱世| 赵依芳| yy直播是正经直播吗|