It's the curve balls that make life interesting. (It) shows us what we're made of. And sometimes, if we're real lucky, there's a blessing waiting for us at the end of that wrong turn.
語音講解:
今日發音練習重點:
言之有物:
1. 強調句:
結構:It is/was + 被強調部分 + that/who + 其他部分
(如果去掉It's... that,句子依然完整)
It's the curve balls that make life interesting.
曲折讓生活更有意思。
→詞鏈兒:curve balls
原指棒球運動中的 “曲線球”,在這句話里引申為“意想不到的難題、意外情況” 。
Life is full of curve balls.
生活充滿了意想不到的狀況。
2. 詞鏈兒:show us what we're made of
讓我們更加看清自己(的本質)
→show sb sth 給某人看某物
=show sth to sb
The children proudly showed me their presents.
孩子們自豪地給我看他們的禮物。
→what we're made of
我們由什么構成→我們的本質
Facing these challenges will show you what you're made of.
面對這些挑戰會讓你清楚自己究竟有多大能耐。
3. 詞鏈兒:there's a blessing waiting for us at the end of that wrong turn.
壞事的后面,會有好事等著你
→blessing n. 幸事,幸運,福氣
a blessing in disguise
因禍得福;禍中有福
→there's... waiting for us
有…… 正在等著我們
There's a beautiful view waiting for us at the top of the mountain.
在山頂有美麗的景色等著我們。
There are promises out there waiting for us if we only have the courage to name them and claim them.
世界上有許多承諾等著我們,只要我們有勇氣去有求必得。
影視片段《康斯坦丁 Constantine》
We came back here. There was a woman waiting for us.
我們回來時,有個女人等著我們。
影視片段 《邪惡力量 第十二季》
→at the end of that wrong turn
在那個錯誤轉彎的盡頭(經歷錯誤選擇或偏離常規路徑后的終點)
At the end of that wrong turn in his career, he finally realized his true passion.
在經歷了職業生涯中那次錯誤的轉向后,他最終意識到了自己真正熱愛的事情。
活學活用:
請用 there's... waiting for us 隨意造句
《紐約時刻》是由丹尼·戈登執導,艾什麗·奧爾森、瑪麗-凱特·奧爾森、尤金·列維、安迪·里查克等主演的喜劇電影,影片于2004年5月1日在美國上映。該片講述了一對疏遠的雙胞胎姐妹,當她們都必須去紐約參加至關重要和改變人生的事件時,一切都出了問題,她們最終一起度過了冒險和浪漫的一天。
關注微信號:TeacherGwen