Welcome to English in a minute.
歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!
If you listen to American English, you might hear this phrase: Fair Weather Friend
如果你聽美式英語,你可能會聽到這個短語:酒肉朋友
What do weather and friends have to do with each other? Listen and find out:
天氣和朋友相互之間有什么聯系呢?讓我們聽聽看
Bill sure was friendly when he needed our help moving to his new house.
當比爾需要我們幫他搬入新居的時候,他真的非常友好。
But, since we asked him to help us move, we can't reach him.
但是,當我們叫他幫我們搬家的時候,我們卻找不到他。
I have always thought he was a fair weather friend.
我一直覺得他就是一個酒肉朋友。
He is only a friend when he needs something. You can't count on him.
當他需要某些東西時就是朋友,我們指望不上他。
Fair weather is good weather.
Fair weather是指好的天氣。
A person who is a fair weather friend is loyal in good times, but not when things get difficult.
一個酒肉朋友的意思是,他只在順利的日子里是朋友,不幸的日子里就不再是朋友了。
So if you are in trouble or facing tough times, a fair weather friend probably won't stick by your side.
因此,如果你在困難時刻需要幫助,一個酒肉朋友是不會站在你身邊的。
And that's English in a minute.
以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》欄目!