Sharon: Hey John, can I talk to you for a minute?
莎倫:嘿,約翰,我可以和你聊聊嗎?
John: Sure, what's up?
約翰:當然。怎么啦?
Sharon: I wanted to let you know about a book club I joined a couple months ago. I know you do a lot of reading so I thought you might want to come with me next month.
莎倫:我兩個月前加入了一個讀書俱樂部,我想告訴你一下這個俱樂部。我知道你讀很多書,所以我想或許你想下個月和我一起去吧。
John: Oh, that sounds like fun. When does the group meet?
約翰:哦,聽起來不錯。人們通常什么時間會面?
Sharon: Usually the last Saturday of the month at 9:30 in the evening. Is that too late for you?
莎倫: 通常是一個月的最后一個周六的晚上 9 點半。對你來說晚嗎?
John: No, I think that's ok. What do you talk about in the group?
約翰: 不晚,我覺得還行。你們都聊些什么?
Sharon: Well, every month we choose a new book and then during the next meeting we discuss it.
莎倫: 嗯,每個月我們都挑一本新書,然后下一個聚會時就討論這本書的內容。
John: What book are you reading now?
約翰:你現在在讀什么書?
Sharon: The Kite Runner.
莎倫:追風箏的人
John: I've heard that's a good book. What's it about?
約翰:我聽說那本書不錯。關于什么的?
Sharon: It is a good book. I'm almost finished. The book is about a boy who grows up in Afghanistan during the 1980s. It's called the Kite Runner because the main character takes part in a kite flying competition.
莎倫:這本書很好,我差不多要讀完啦。這本書的內容是關于在 80 年代,一個在阿富汗長大的男孩和他的經歷。因為這個主人翁加入了一個放風箏比賽,所以叫追風箏的人。
John: That sounds really interesting. I'd love to come.
約翰:聽起來真的很有趣,我也想加入。
Sharon: Ok, great. The next meeting isn't for another two weeks, so you still have time to read the book.
莎倫:好的,太棒啦。離下個聚會還有兩個多星期,所有你還有時間讀這本書。