Lodge a claim
提出索賠
A:What shall we do when we find a shortage in the shipment?
A:如果發現貨物短缺,我們該怎么辦?
B:You should do one of the two things: either to lodge a claim with the ship-owner or with the insurance company.
B:你可以選擇兩種做法中的一種:一是向船主提出索賠,一是向保險公司提出索賠,
A:Shall we leave it to the brokers.
A:那由中間人去處理嗎?
B:Yes.They usually do it.
B:是的,一般都由中間人處理
A:Do they charge for that?
A:那中間人要收費用嗎?
B:Of course.In Europe,they charge a commission of 1% of the amount of the claim for their service.
B:當然在歐洲中間人一般要收索賠金額的1%作為他們服務的傭金。
A:Is it the same in America?
A:在美國是怎樣的情況?
B:They do the work without charge to the importer.
B:他們向進口商提供這類服務是不收費的。
A:It's part of their service, isn't it?
A:這是中間人的業務服務范圍,對吧?
B:Exactly.
B:對。
A:Is it enough to claim with an on board bill of lading?
A:提出索賠時,光憑一份貨已裝船提單夠不夠?
B:No.you must also obtain a statement from the shipping agent certifying that the goods were actually loaded on their vessel for shipment.
B:不夠,你還必須從運輸代理那里獲得一份證明,證明貨物的確是裝往他們的船運輸出去的。
A: I see. By the way,how do we prove the ownership of our goods?
A:我明白了。另外我們怎樣證明貨物是我們的呢?
B : You must provide full original set of ocean bills of lading origina insurance policy or certificate and the original commercia invoice.
B:你方必須提供全套原始海洋提單,原始保險單或保險憑證以及商業發票原件。
A: I see. Thank you.
A:我明白了。謝謝
B:You are welcome.
B:不客氣