2.實用對話
Being a Tutor做家庭老師
Lucy: I have a friend. He's my best friend and he wants to leam English. He would pay about 100 yuan per hour. Are you
interested?
露西:我有個朋友,他是我最好的朋友,想學英語,并且一個小時會付一百塊錢左右。你有興趣嗎?
Mark: I don't know.
馬克:不知道。
Lucy: So I take it you're not interested.
露西:這么說你沒興趣。
Mark: No, Lucy. Don't get me wrong. I do need part-time jobs. I mean school will be open on September 2nd. And I will have a
very tight schedule by then.
馬克:不是,露西。別誤會,我確實需要兼職工作。我的意思是說學校九月二號開學,到時候我肯定會很忙。
Lucy: Don't worry. My friend says he can always arrange his schedule around your schedule.
露西:別擔心,我朋友說他會按你的計劃來調整他的時間。
Mark: That'll be fine. When can I see him?
馬克:那就太好了。我什么時候能見他?
Lucy: Let's do it this way. I'll bring him to your place this Saturday. Then you two can iron out a schedule.
露西:這么著吧。我周六把帶他到你那兒。然后你們倆可以定個計劃。
Mark: Make sure you get here before noon. I'll be picking my friend up at the airport in the afternoon.
馬克:一定要在中午之前來,我下午還要去機場接個朋友。
Lucy: How are you going to get there?
露西:那你怎么去機場?
Mark: By bus, of course.
馬克:當然是坐公交車了。
Lucy: I'm sure my friend can give you a ride.
露西:我肯定我朋友會開車送你去的。
Mark: A ride would be great.
馬克:能開車送我去那就太好了。