Welcome to English in a Minute, where we teach you all about idioms in American English.
歡迎收聽《一分鐘英語》,在這里我們將教授您一些美式俚語。
Imagine you are standing outside after a rain storm, and you take a deep breath.
想象你自己站在雨后的室外,深吸一口氣。
Its new, fresh, and it smells good.
空氣很新鮮,好聞極了。
But what does this have to do with American English?
但是這和美語有什么關系呢?
I love the new baseball coach.
我喜歡新的棒球教練。
He's got great ideas for making us better players.
他的訓練方法很好,能把我們訓練成更好的棒球手。
He does. He's like a breath of fresh air for the team.
確實是的。他就像是棒球隊的一股新鮮空氣,讓棒球隊耳目一新。
"A breath of fresh air" means something new.
“新鮮空氣”(A breath of fresh air)是用來形容新事物的。
It's a nice change from the way things used to be.
這是一種很好的改變。
You can use this phrase to describe an event, a place, or even a person.
你可以用這個短語去形容一件事,一個地方,甚至是一個人。
And you can use this phrase in any situation.
你可以把這個短語用在任何場合。
And that's English in a Minute.
以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》。