Welcome to English in a Minute, where we teach you all about idioms in American English.
歡迎收聽《一分鐘英語》,在這里我們將教授您一些美式俚語。
Let's pretend you are in a major U.S. city.
想象一下你現在位于美國的某個大都市:
You are listening to an American English conversation, and you hear this:
你聽到了一段美語對話:
Hey, Bob. Ever since you opened your coffee shop, you have been very busy.
嘿,Bob。自從你開了咖啡店以后,你很忙了。
Is the business going well and making money?
生意還好么,賺錢了么?
Yeah! I can't believe it. It's going really well.
當然!我都無法相信。生意很順利。
In fact, my coffee shop has become a real cash cow for me.
事實上,咖啡店變成我真正的搖錢樹。(cash cow)
How does a cow produce cash?
奶牛怎么能產生錢呢?
Everyone knows cows make milk.
我們都是到奶牛是產奶的。
But in American English, a "cash cow" is a product or service that makes a lot of money for a business.
但是在美語中,“現金牛”(cash cow)是指一種產品或者服務,能夠賺取豐厚的資金。
This common phrase is used in casual and business conversations.
在日常生活和商業環境中,該短語都很常見。
And when you use it, everyone will understand what you are saying.
當你使用時,大家都能明白你的意思。
And that's English in a Minute.
以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》。