William: Hello and welcome to the English We Speak, I'm William Kremer.
威廉:大家好,歡迎收聽地道英語節目。我是威廉·克萊默。
Wang Fei: And I'm Wang Fei. William I hope we finish recording quickly today.
王飛:我是王飛。威廉,我希望我們今天能快點結束節目的錄制。
William: Oh, why's that?
威廉:哦,為什么?
Wang Fei: I need to get to the bank before it closes.
王飛:我要趕在銀行關門前去一趟銀行。
William: Oh I see.
威廉:哦,我明白了。
Wang Fei: Yes, just need to move some money around. I've got to move some money into a high interest account and transfer some into my investment account...
王飛:對,我要轉些錢。我要把一些錢存入高利息帳戶,然后把一些錢轉入投資帳戶……
William: Look at you Wang Fei. High-interest accounts and investment accounts. You really are quite money-savvy aren't you?
威廉:王飛,看看你。高利息帳戶和投資帳戶。你真是個理財行家,不是嗎?
Wang Fei: Money what?
王飛:理財什么?
William: Money-savvy.
威廉:理財行家。
Wang Fei: Money-savvy?
王飛:Money-savvy?
William: Yeah. It means you're good with money. You know what you're doing with it, how to invest it, that kind of thing.
威廉:對。意思就是說你擅于理財。你知道如何打理錢財,知道如何投資,了解這類事情。
Wang Fei: Well, I guess I am. I do look after my money.
王飛:嗯,我想我是行家。我很擅于管理我的錢。
William: I wish I was a bit more money-savvy like you! But I am quite good with technology. You know, you wouldn't need to rush to the bank if you tried online banking.
威廉:我希望我也像你一樣成為理財行家!不過我更擅長技術方面的事情。你知道,如果你用網上銀行的話就不用趕去銀行辦理了。
Wang Fei: Online banking? Not for me. I just don't really trust it.
王飛:網上銀行?我不喜歡。我不信任網上銀行。
William: Maybe you should try it.
威廉:也許你應該嘗試一下。
Wang Fei: No, I just don't feel safe doing that. I'm not very... can I say... technologically savvy?
王飛:不,我只是覺得網上銀行不安全。我不是很……我可以說技術行家嗎?
William: Yes, you can say technologically savvy or just tech-savvy. Or you might say that you're not very web-savvy, as we're talking about the web, the internet.
威廉:可以,你可以說技術行家,或者簡稱。你也可以說你不是網絡行家,因我們剛剛正在討論的網絡,互聯網。
I wouldn't recommend you go down that street after dark. It's just not safe. And you're not very street-savvy to be honest with you.
我不建議你在天黑后走那條街。那不安全。而且說實話,你對街道也不是很熟悉。
A: So what do you think of the new flower shop?
A:你覺得那家新開的花店怎么樣?
B: It's in a good location, and the owner is really business-savvy. I'm sure it'll be a great success.
B:位置不錯,花店的主人很有商業頭腦。我確定那家花店會盈利的。
Wang Fei: Money-savvy, tech-savvy...
王飛:理財行家,技術行家……
William: And business-savvy. You can be savvy about a lot of things. So are you going to go to the bank in the end?
威廉:還有有商業頭腦。你可以在許多事情上成為行家。那你到底還要不要去銀行?
Wang Fei: No I think I'll sign up for an online account. Give it a go.
王飛:不去了,我想我會注冊一個網絡帳戶。我打算嘗試一下。
William: And I might buy those stocks that you were suggesting.
威廉:我可能會買你建議的那些股票。
Wang Fei: Great. And let's hope all our listeners are a bit more slang-savvy after this programme.
王飛:很好。我們希望所有的聽眾朋友在這期節目之后都成為俚語行家。
William: Bye for now.
威廉:現在該結束節目了。
Wang Fei: Bye.
王飛:再見。