重點講解:
1. call it a day
到此為止;結束;
eg. Faced with mounting debts, the decision to call it a day was inevitable.
面對著不斷增加的債務,最終難免作出將其結束的決定 。
eg. I want the manager's job when he calls it a day.
等到經理不干了之后,我想接替他的位子 。
2. call it a night
今晚到此為止;今晚就做到這里,收工;
eg. It has been a wonderful evening! I think that we should call it a night.
真是一個美好的夜晚,我想我們該回家了 。
eg. Shall we call it a night for now and continue our discussion tomorrow?
我們今晚就此結束,明天繼續討論好嗎?
3. come up
(太陽、月亮)升起;
eg. It will be so great watching the sun come up.
看著太陽冉冉升起將是十分美妙的事情 。
eg. Another hour and I see the sun starting to come up in the distance.
又過了一個小時,我看到太陽開始從遠方升起 。
4. on the town
(夜晚)在鬧市區玩樂;
eg. Last Saturday, I was out on the town with my mate.
上個星期六我和老友晚上去鬧市玩樂了 。
eg. Tim was just arriving home from a long night on the town.
蒂姆在外面玩了一宿,剛剛到家 。
5. call in sick
打電話請病假;
eg. 'Shouldn't you be at work today?' — 'I called in sick.'
“你今天不是應該上班的嗎?”“我打電話請過病假了 。”
eg. I will call in sick for you. Just stay at home and rest for the day.
我會幫你打電話請病假 。你今天就在家里休息吧!
n. 港口,避難所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,