1.take something into consideration 考慮某事物;體諒某事物
I always take fuel consumption into consideration when buying a car.
我買汽車時總要把燃油消耗費考慮在內。
Well then, then my decision must take into consideration the thoughts of my employees, so I will agree to it.
那好.我一定仔細考慮員工的意見再作決定.我會同意的.
The TX will also have to take into consideration ground crash safety for its occupants, handling, braking and passenger comfort.
“變形金剛”還必須將地面碰撞安全、駕駛性、剎車和乘客舒適度納入考慮范圍。
2.from scratch
白手起家
He built a new capital, St Petersburg, from scratch.
從白手起家,修建了俄國新首都圣彼得堡。
He set about creating from scratch a global movement that would be very different from previous nuclear-disarmament efforts.
他白手起家組建這別具一格的裁減全球核武器運動。
從頭做起
If we were to start from scratch, how would we design a diet to keepour weight under control?
如果我們要從頭做起,我們將如何設計持續控制體重的飲食?
So all the custom rules you write need to be written from scratch even if a built in one almost does what you want.
因此你所編寫的所有自定義規則都需要從頭做起,即便其中的一個已經幾乎達到了你的目的。
3.on duty 值班,上班
We have lifeguards on duty.
我們有救生員值班。
Maybe it’s because they drink alcohol while on duty.
可能是因為他們在上班時間里喝酒喝高了吧。
But being so tired, his younger brother fell asleep, leaving him on the toilet for two hours till the teacher on duty discovered him.
但是,因為太累,他的弟弟一下睡著了,把他一個人留在廁所呆了兩個小時,直到值班老師發現他。