喜歡音樂和體育,還喜歡教英語。大家好,歡迎再次來到這里,收聽并學習《Faith口語課堂-天天學》,我是誰呢?呵呵。我是Faith老師,帶著大家一起快樂學英語。
我小的時候,很調皮,淘氣,經常受到reproach,我想大家已經猜到了這個單詞“reproach”的意思了,是的,它是“責備”,“恥辱”的意思,既是個名詞,也是個動詞:
His tone held reproach. 他話中帶有責備的口氣。
This dirt is a reproach to the city. 骯臟是這個城市的恥辱。
I do not think this reproach would be just. 我認為這種責難是不公正的。
he brought reproach upon his family. 他的行為導致全家受責備。
Such doings will reproach him. 這種行徑會使他丟臉。
我小的時候,對我的英語老師有那么點意思,I had a thing for my English teacher when I was little, 從這句話中,我們學會了,對某人有好感就是:have a thing for somebody:
I don't have a thing for him. 我對他沒一點感覺。
Tony used to have a thing for his deskmate in high school. 托尼上中學的時候對他的同桌有好感。
Oh my God, I have a strong thing for my boss, but he's married. 天呢,怎么辦呢,我對我的老板有強烈的好感,但他已經結婚了。
What, you have a thing for entertainers? 怎么,你對藝人特別感興趣嗎?
have a thing for + something: 喜歡……
He favored red orange and had a thing for Hawaiian shirts. 他偏愛橘紅,且酷愛夏威夷衫。
Do you have a thing for your friend's big brother? 你是不是對你朋友的哥哥有些意思呢?