Technology import 技術引進 A: We'd like to buy your company's know-how.
我們想購買你們公司的專有技術。
B: Buying the know-how is better than the right to use the patent.
購買專有的技術要比購買專利合作權要好。
A: Why?
為什么?
B: Because the know-how tells all the details of how to manufacture the machines, and buying the know-how will be capable of contributing to advancement of our scientific and technical level.
因為專有技術非常詳盡的說明了如何制造機器,并且購買專有技術將有助于提高我們的科技水平。
A: Then how much will you ask for?
那你們要價多少?
B: Triple the price for the patent.
是專利價格的3倍。
A: That's too high a price!
這個價格太高了!
B: Oh, just the opposite, buying the know-how will be much cheaper than making the machine with our patent.
哦,恰恰相反,它比我們的專利制造機器要便宜得多。
A: I'm afraid your price is higher than I expected. Is it possible for you to reduce it?
恐怕你們的價格比我們預想的要高一些。你們能不能降一點?
B: I think the price is reasonable.
我認為這個價格是合理的。
A: If that's the case, there is hardly any need for further discussion. We might as well call the whole deal off.
如果真是這樣,那就沒有必要再談下去了。整個交易就此告吹。
B: Well, for friendship's sake, we can consider reducing the price further by 5 percent.
好吧,為了友誼,我們考慮消減5%。
A: A cut of 10 percent would be more realistic.
降10%更現實。
B: I think it is unwise for either of us to insist on our own price.
我認為我們雙方都堅持自己的價格是不明智的。
A: What's your proposal?
你有什么高見?
B: We meet each other halfway in order to narrow the gap.
我們各讓一半以便縮小差距。
A: Right, you have a way of persuading me to agree to your terms.
好吧,你可真有辦法說服我接受你的條件。