11. Belief and Disbelief
11. 相信與懷疑
Disbelieving
不相信
Are you kidding?
你是在開玩笑吧?(較隨便)
Peter's father bought him a new car.
彼得的父親給他買了一輛新車。
Are you kidding?
你是在開玩笑吧。
He said he wouldn't give him a single penny after Peter got married to Jenny.
他說過,彼得和珍尼結婚后一分錢也不給他。
But they managed to persuade him somehow.
但他們最后不知怎么說服了他。
Get out of it!
別瞎說了!(較隨便)
Surely you can turn to Jacob for help.
你當然可以找約伯幫忙。
Get out of it! Jacob is the last one you can rely on.
別產了。他是最不可信賴的人。
Why do you say so? B:: I've been cheated by him quite a rew times.
你為什么這么說呢?我上過他幾次當了。
I don't believe a word of it.
我一點也不信。(通用)
Bill, where's the new schoolbag I bought you last week.
我上周給你買的新書包呢,邁克?
I... I forgot it in the classroom
我......,我把它忘在教室了。
I don't believe a word of it. Tell me the truth.
我一點也不信,跟我說實話。
... is incredible!
簡直難以相信.....!(通用)
Michael lost $20,000 in gambling.
邁克爾賭博辦理了兩萬元。
It's incredible! That's all he has!
簡直難以相信,那可是他的全部積蓄啊。
It's really disaster to him.
這真是一場災難。
It's too good to be true!
哪會有這樣的好事啊!(通用)
You're to be appointed as Sales Manager, congratulations!
你將被任命為銷售部經理了。祝賀你!
It's too good to be true. You must be kidding.
哪會有這樣的好事啊,你在開玩笑吧。
It's true. It's very lucky of you.
是真的,你直是太幸運了。
You're not serious, are you?
你不是當真的,是嗎?(通用)
I'm not going to work with you and go on with the experiment.
我不想和你繼續搞這項實驗了。
You're not serious, are you? We've cooperated very well up till now.
你不是當真的,是嗎?我們一直都是合作得很好的。
Sorry. But I've already decided.
對不起,但我已決定,
It can not be changed.
不能再更改了。
That's too bad. But Why?
太糟糕了,可是為什么呢?
I can't credit...
我不能相信......。(通用)
I can't credit his account of what happened yesterday.
他講的昨天的事我不相信。
Why?
為什么?
He seems to be talking us into believing his innocence.
他好像試圖在讓我們相信他是清白的。
Do you think I'd believe a story like that?
你認為我會想念這樣的謊話嗎?(通用)
Mike, you're late again!
邁克,你又遲到了!
My sister was ill, so I...
我妹妹病了,所以我...
Do you think I'd believe a story like that?
你認為我會想念這樣的謊話嗎?
Well, the truth is I overslept.
哦,其實是我睡過頭了。
Don't expect me to believe you.
別指望我會相信你。(通用)
Who broke the vase, John?
約翰,誰打破了花瓶?
The cat.
是那只貓。
Don't expect me to believe you. It must either be you or Liza.
別指望我會相信你,不是你就是里茲。
It's me, dad. I'm sorry.
是我,爸爸。對不起。
I have little confidence in...
我不太信......(較正式)
It is said in the newspaper that we nust be cautious about earthquakes nowadays.
報紙上說我們最近需提防地震。
I have little confidence in what the newspapers say.
我不太信報紙提供的消息。
Why?
為什么?
They're always exaggerating things.
他們總是夸大其辭。
I don't have great belief in...
我不大相信......(較正式)
The ad says one must do exercise with their equipment to keep healthy.
廣告說要想健康就得用他們的器材多鍛煉。
I don't have great belief in ads.
我不太相信廣告的宣傳,
What they really want is to get more money from you.
他們只想多掙你的錢。
I think there's truth in what you said.
我想這話有道理。
Believing
相信
I'll take your word for it.
我相信你的話。(較隨便)
Scientists say that people will be able to live on the moon in the future.
科學家們說人們在將來能夠在月球上居住。
I'll take your word for it. But is it possible in our life time?
我相信你的話。但這在我們的有生之年能成為可能嗎?
I'm not sure about that.
我可說不準。
I believe...
我相信......。(通用)
I believe Alex will wait for me at the gate.
我相信埃歷克斯會在門口等我。
So what time did you make it?
那么你們約好什么時候見面呢?
At 9:30.
9:30。
Then you must hurry up. There's only 5 minutes left.
你必須快點,只剩五分鐘了。
I can easily believe it.
我無疑相信這種說法。(通用)
People say that the sun is not the center of universe, either.
人們說太陽也不是宇宙的中心。
I can easily believe it.
我無疑相信這種說法。
Why do you say so?
你為什么這么說?
Because I know the universe is timeless and boundless.
因為我知道宇宙是沒有時空限制的。
I can trust...
我能相信......。(通用)
Did you finally forgive him for not having met you at the station.
他沒到車站來接你,你最后原諒他了嗎?
Yeah. I can trust his explanation.
原諒了。我能相信他的解釋。
What did he say?
他怎么說的?
He said his mother was ill, so he had to take her to hospital.
他說他母親病了,他得送她去醫院。
I don't doubt...
我不懷疑......。(通用)
I don't doubt that Prof. Smith will continue to teach us next term.
史密斯教授下學期會繼續教我們,這事兒肯定無疑。
But I hear he's returning to his country.
但我聽說他要回國了。
No, he will say for yet another year.
不,他會再呆上一年的。
That's good.
那太好了。
I feel confident of...
我相信......。(通用)
What do you think of Dr. Thompson?
你覺得湯姆森醫生行嗎?
I feel confident of his ability to cure my daughter's disease.
我相信他能治好我女兒的病。
How can you be so sure?
你怎么能這樣肯定呢?
I can tell from the way he spoken to us.
我是從他的言談中判斷出來的。
I'm convinced of...
我對......堅信不移。(通用)
Do you think he'll be here to help us?
你認為他會來這幫助我們嗎?
Yes. I'm fully convinced of his honesty.
是的。我對他的誠實堅信不移。
Oh, look! He's coming.
看呀!他來了。
I think it's believable.
我認為那是可信的。(較正式)
Richard is said to have won the gold medal for the 100-metre race yesterday.
據說理查得昨天百米賽拿了金牌。
I think it's believable. He practiced much recently.
我認為消息可信,他最近鍛煉很刻苦。
Every dog has its day!
人人都有得志時啊!
I'll accept...
我相信......。(較正式)
I haven't got enough right now. I'll pay your money back next Monday.
我下周一還你錢。我現在手頭不夠。
I'll accept what you said.
我相信你的話。
But be sure not to delay it any more.
記著別再拖了。
You bet I won't.
放心吧,我一定不會的。
您現在的位置: 首頁 > 英語口語 > 初級口語 > 初級口語教程 > 正文

掃描二維碼進行跟讀打分訓練

- 閱讀本文的人還閱讀了:
上一篇:Part 10:爭論與討論
下一篇:Part12:Boredom厭煩