Dialogue 3
May I take you order now?
你們可以點菜了嗎?
Yes,I think we're ready to order.Elizabeth,what would you like to have?
行,我想我們可以點菜了。伊麗莎白,你想來點什么?
I haven't made up my mind yet.You order first,Donald.
我還沒決定呢。唐納德,你先點吧。
All right.I'll start with chicken soup.Then I wnat a steak,medium rare.
好的。我先來個雞湯,然后要一份牛排,嫩一點。
I'll have a baked potato,green beans and an egg salad.
要一份烤土豆片,青豆和一份雞蛋色拉。
I'll order dessert later.
待會兒我再要點甜食。
Yes,sir.And you,miss?What would you like to have?
好的,先生。您呢,小姐?您想吃點什么?
I can't decide.I don't see anything I really like.
我拿不定主意。我沒有看到什么我真正喜歡的菜。
There are over thirty dishes to select from,miss.
小姐,這兒有三十多種菜供您選擇呢。
There ought to be something you like,Elizabeth.
伊麗莎白,這兒應該有你喜歡的。
Well,I guess so.But I only see food that I don't like.
大概有吧。可我看到的盡是些我不喜歡的菜。
I don't care for chicken and I can't stand fish.
我不喜歡吃雞肉,魚也不合我的口味。
Do you have any oysters?
有牡蠣嗎?
No,miss.I'm afraid not.How about some other seafood?
沒有,小姐。恐怕沒有。別的海鮮怎么樣?
Oysters are the only seafood I like.I dislike the rest.
海鮮中我只喜歡牡蠣,其它的都不喜歡。
I wish I could think of something for you.
真希望我能為你想出什么菜來。
May I suggest cream of tomato soup,steak with mushroom gravy,
我給您推薦幾個菜吧:奶油西紅柿湯,蘑菇汁牛排,
aspara-gus,and buttered cauliflower.
蘆筍,黃油花椰菜。
For dessert-strawberry pie with icecream?
至于甜食,冰激凌草莓餡餅您看怎么樣?