So, when I say give a full answer, I mean, in the first section when they ask you some questions about you, about your family, about your background,
我說給出完整的答案的意思是,在第一部分他們問你一些關于你自己情況的問題時,關于你的家庭、背景之類的問題時,
if they say, for example: "Where are you from?" Don't just say: "Tokyo", because that's just a one word answer.
比如如果他們問:“你從哪里來?”不要只是說“東京”,因為那個答案只有一個單詞。
Try, as much as possible, to give sentences, give full sentences, all right, full answer,
盡可能用句子,完整的句子來作答,也就是完整的答案,
so that you can show when you use the full sentence that you know grammar, you know vocabulary, and all these other things.
這樣在使用完整的句子時,你就能顯示出你是懂語法的,你是懂詞匯和所有其他內容的。
So, instead of just saying: "Tokyo." Say: "I'm from Tokyo, the capital of Japan" or: "I'm from the capital of Japan, Tokyo."
所以,用來替代“東京”這個回答,你可以說“我來自東京,日本的首都。”或者說“我來自日本的首都東京。”
Now, you've given a lot more information, so, obviously, you get much more marks if you kept doing that throughout.
這樣你就給出了更多信息,所以顯然你就會得到更高的分數,如果你整場考試都保持這么做的話。
Right? Give full answers, using sentences, not just words.
記住了嗎?給出完整的答案,使用句子而不只是單詞。
Next: be polite, what we mean by that?
下一點:要有禮貌,什么意思呢?
For example, if the examiner asks you something and you didn't understand, it's okay, just ask for the explanation in a polite way.
比如說,如果考官問了你某個問題,而你沒聽懂,沒關系,禮貌地請他(她)解釋一下就是了。
Don't just say: "What?" Or: "Sorry?" Say: "Excuse me? Could you please repeat that?"
不要直接說“什么?”或者“你說什么?”,而要說“不好意思?請問您能再說一遍嗎?”
Because that's also using English, and that's what they want to know: can you use English?
因為這也是在使用英語,而那正是他們想知道的:你會不會使用英語?
And by being polite, you're not just showing that you know the language, but also that you know the culture of the language, which is being polite.
而且通過保持禮貌,你不僅顯示了你了解這門語言,還了解這門語言背后的文化,也就是禮貌。
Okay? So remember to do that.
懂了嗎?記住要這么做哦。
Next, maintain good posture.
下一點:保持姿勢端正。
Why do I put that? Nobody's filming you. Right?
為什么要這么說?沒人在拍你,對吧?
So, why do you have to maintain good posture?
那為什么要保持姿勢端正呢?
Because your posture actually affects your...the way you speak.
因為你的姿勢實際上會影響你的......你講話的方式。
It affects your confidence, the confidence with which you speak, it affects the way your voice is projected.
它會影響你的自信,你講話時候的自信,會影響你發出聲音的方式。
So you want to make sure that you don't, for example, lean on your hand when you're speaking or anything like that. Okay?
所以你要確保你在講話的時候不會靠在手上,或者做類似的動作。