I don't suppose it's a good idea to get in touch with companies directly, is it?
我猜直接和公司聯系應該不是個好主意,對吧?
Not really. But it is the company who notifies you if they want you to go for an interview.
也不見得......不過如果公司想要你去參加面試的話,他們會直接通知你的。
You get a letter of invitation or an email from personnel departments.
你會收到人事部門給你的邀請或者郵件。
And do I repIy directly to them?
那我要直接回復他們嗎?
Yes, you do. STEP only gets involved again once you've been made a job offer.
嗯,要。只有當你獲得了工作機會之后,STEP才會介入。
Right...So once you've had an interview you should let your mentor know what the outcome is?
好吧......那,一旦面試結束,是不是就要告訴指導者面試結果呢?
I mean whether you're offered a job and whether you've decided to accept it?
像你有沒有得到這個工作,還有你決定接不接受它之類的?
That's right. They'll inform the careers office once a placement has been agreed, so you don't have to do that. Is that all then?
沒錯。一旦實習申請通過了,他們就會通知就業指導辦公室的,所以你不需要這么做。還有其他的事情嗎?
More or less. Only once you've accepted an offer you'll probably have to supply a reference, because the placement will be conditional on that.
差不多就這些吧。不過一旦接受了這個工作機會,你可能就要交一個介紹信,因為實習的工作會根據這個而定。
And that's something you should ask your own tutor to provide.
而這就是需要叫你的導師來做的事情了。
He knows about your academic ability and also about your qualities, like reliability.
他了解你的學術能力以及你的品性,比如可靠性。
Well, thanks very much for the information — I'm starting to look forward...
哦,太謝謝你跟我分享這些信息了,我已經開始期待......
That is the end of section 3. You now have half of a minute to check your answers. Now turn to section 4.
以上是第三部分的全部內容,現在你有30秒的時間檢查答案。現在請看第四部分。