Salt and sugar are soluble in water.
鹽和糖可溶于水中。
This is the only solution imaginable.
這是唯一能想出的解決辦法。
Somehow I don't like him.
不知什么緣故我不喜歡他。
I am somewhat tired of this work.
我對這個工作有點厭倦了。
Your hand is as black as soot.
你的手很黑。
He tried to soothe the crying child.
他試著去哄那個在哭的孩子。
I never enjoys reading sophisticated novels.
我從來不喜歡讀意義高深的小說。
I have a sore throat.
我喉嚨痛。
All sorts of lamps are available in that shop.
在那家商店可買到各式各樣的燈具。
She is a very domestic sort of woman.
她是個十足的家庭婦女。
What sort of weather did you have during your journey?
你在旅途中的天氣怎樣?
That sounds like a lot of fun.
它聽起來好像很有趣。
He heard a strange sound.
他聽到一個奇怪的聲音。
The soup has gone sour.
這湯發酸了。
I think it's just sour grapes.
我認為他這樣說不過是吃不到葡萄便說葡萄酸。
We must trace the source of these noxious gases.
我們必須查出毒氣的來源。
Bad food is a source of illness.
壞了的食物是疾病之源。
When Uncle Bill went abroad to live, he left me his watch as a souvenir.
比爾叔叔出國時把表留給我作為紀念品。
As you sow, so shall you reap.
種瓜得瓜,種豆得豆。
Their dining room is very spacious.
他們的餐廳很寬敞。