Stage III
第三階段
I: OK, I’d like to discuss with you one or two more general topics.
好的。我想和你談論一兩個一般話題。
You talked about the powerful effect your teacher had on the students and yet she was never motivated by money.
你說你的老師對學生的影響很大,但是她并不是為了金錢。
So does it mean that teachers do not need a high wage to perform?
那么是不是可以說,老師并不需要高薪來做好自己本職工作?
C: I see what you are saying, but I think that you know teachers are not all like her.
我明白你的意思,但是我認為,你知道的,并不是所有老師都和她一樣。
I mean if we expect them to be all like that then we would never be able to fill any positions.
我的意思是,如果我們希望所有老師都像她那樣的話,我們就永遠找不到工作了。
I: Do you think that a teacher that is motivated by money can still be a good teacher?
你認為被金錢驅使的老師還能成為一位好老師嗎?
C: Yes, I think that a teacher that teachers are human and I think if they want money or not then they still can be good or bad.
是的,我認為教課的老師也是人,不管他們要不要錢,他們也還會成為好老師或者壞老師。
The salary is irrelevant as far as I think.
就目前而言,我認為這與薪水無關。
I: I’m not quite sure what you mean.
我不太明白你的意思。
Can you give me an example?
可以舉例說明一下嗎?
C: Well I mean, let’s say you have a teacher who is motivated with money or one who is not.
好的。我的意思是,比如你有一位老師,可能是為了金錢而教學,也可能不是。
In the classroom the teacher who is motivated by money knows he or she must do their job well to justify the good salary.
在教室中的老師,為了金錢而工作,他或她很清楚地知道:只有自己做好自己的本職工作,才能獲得相應的高額薪水。
On the other hand, the one who doesn’t care about money just teaches to receive feedback in terms of progress.
另一方面,不在乎金錢的老師,教學是為了得到學生進步的反饋。
So either way they want to do a good job.
這是他們想要做好工作的兩種方法。
I: Do you think the education you received was of good quality?
你認為你受到的教育質量好嗎?
C: I think to be fair it was quite good.
實際上,我受到的教育質量很好。
My school operated under a very tight-stringing budget.
我們學校是在非常緊張的預算之下運行的。
And I think that the teachers did their best to make their money to stretch to the full.
我認為老師都是竭盡全力做到最好來掙工資。
And although may be the curriculum was traditional we still learned to do the basics very well and also learned to be a good character person.
雖然我們的課程很傳統,但是我們仍然學會了一些基本知識,而且懂得了要做人要有好品格。
Also, the teachers were trying their best to teach many students in class and I know it is not so easy.
而且,老師們都是盡全力來教授所有學生,這并不容易。
It can be stressful but I really respect the teachers who are all putting in lots of effort making the class a fruitful ones.
可能這壓力很大,但是我真的十分尊敬那些付出所有努力來讓整個班級能夠收獲頗豐的老師。
I: How would you change the education system if you could?
如果你有能力的話,你將怎樣改變教育體制?
C: Well, let me think…I think first we need to have very high standards for teachers and maybe their pay is to be raised.
恩。讓我想想。首先我們要提高對教師的要求標準,而且要提高他們的工資水平。
I: But is it really necessary?
但是真的有必要這樣做嗎?
I mean, why don’t we put the money into things like facilities and textbooks.
我的意思是,為什么不把錢用在基礎設施和課本方面呢?
C: I see your point, but I don’t think this will happen because it still can’t be as high as many other professions.
我明白你的意思,但我認為我應該不會這樣做,因為許多其他專業的要求不能太高。
Besides this, I think we can have a very good training to be given to the teachers and if the program is good
除此之外,我認為我們可以給教師提供培訓,如果項目很好的話,
it can easily to be weed-over those not so good qualified.
這會很容易淘汰那些不合格的教師。
I: One more question if I may.
如果可以的話,還有一個問題。
I’d like to ask you a question based on how you described your former teacher.
我想在你對以前老師描述的基礎上提一個問題。
You said she was very strict but kind.
你說你的老師很嚴格,但是和藹可親。
Are these the kind of qualities that you like your friends to have as well?
那么這些品質,你是不是希望你的朋友也有這樣的品質?
C: Truthfully, no.
當然不是。
I mean you don’t want your friend to be stern like that, cause then how can you get to laugh?
我的意思是,你不會希望你的朋友像她那樣嚴厲,要是那樣的話,怎么還能笑得出來?
I mean a teacher has a different relationship with students.
我的意思是,老師和學生之間的關系很不同。
I: In what ways?
在哪些方面呢?
C: Well a teacher must have some distance but at the same time have closeness?
老師和學生之間要保持一定的距離,同時也要有親密的感覺。
I don’t know how to describe it but it is certainly not the same as a friendship.
我不知道該如何形容這種關系,但是肯定與友情不同。
I: Thank you very much Xiao Ying.
非常感謝你,小櫻。
That’s the end of the interview.
面試結束了。
C: Thanks very much.
非常感謝。