Let's move on to talk about a few tips for safe swallowing which I'd like to go through with you. Is that OK?
咱們接著談談安全進食的相關事項,可以嗎?
Yes. That's fine.
好的。
First of all, it's really important not to rush meals. Take your time eating your food.
首先,千萬注意不要吃太快。吃飯的時候需要細嚼慢咽。
Right, I understand.
好的,我知道了。
Take it slowly.
慢慢地吃。
That's it. And eat small amounts of food several times a day. It's better to eat smaller meals than larger meals.
對了。每日少食多餐。分批少吃比一次性多吃要好一些。
Why's that?
為什么?
A person who's had a stroke doesn't always feel that food is going a wrong way into the airways. They don't cough and so food can enter their lungs.
一般中風的人都沒有察覺食物誤入氣管。他們沒有將食物咳出來,最終導致食物進入肺部。
Oh, dear. Now I understand why I shouldn't rush.
哦,天哪。我終于明白了為什么不能吃太快了。
That's why you should eat the amount of food which fits on a teaspoon. Swallow all the food in your mouth before having another teaspoonful. It's also important to keep food and liquids seperate.
這就是為什么我們需要吃一茶匙的食物量。一定記得將食物全部咽下后再吃第二勺。將食物與液體分開吃也非常重要。
What do you mean?
你的意思是?
Don't drink and eat at the same time.
吃飯和喝水不要同時進行。
I see.
我明白了。
Try not to talk while you eat. Relax and enjoy your meal.
吃飯的時候不要說話。吃飯的時候要放松。
I'll make sure that I do.
我一定會的。
What else?
還有其他的呢?
After your meal, it's a good idea to sit up for around 30 minutes to let your food settle.
吃完飯后,需要靜坐30分鐘讓食物進行消化。
OK.
好的。