New Words
新單詞
load
v.n.載貨,貨物
lorry
n 運貨大卡車
hi-jack
v.劫
write-offs
n.廢物
gang
n.一群壞人
brake
n.剎車
steep
adj.陡峭的(損失)
cover.
v.被賠償(損失)
blanket
adj.全套的
underwrite
v.承保
jam
v.擠碎
salvage
v.搶救
repaint
v 重新油漆
dent
n.凹處
Phrases & Expressions
短語
vehicle insurer
車輛保險局
filing cabinet
文件柜
firm of adjusters
調解人公司,估價公司
make the claim
提出索賠要求
W:Good morning, Mr. Martin. Are you looking for me?
懷:早上好,馬丁先生,您找我嗎?
M:Yes. Have you heard any more about our lorries?
馬:是的。我們的貨車有什么新消息嗎?
W:Yes. The vehicle insurances say the lorries are complete writeoffs.
懷:有的,車輛保險局說兩輛貨車完全沒用了。
The gang took the brakes off and let them go over the side of a steep hill.
那伙歹徒把剎車卸掉,讓車從懸崖上滑下去。
M:I hope we are covered all right.
馬:我希望保險索賠沒問題。
W:Yes, we are.
懷:沒問題。
M:What about our office desks and filing cabinets in the lorries?
馬:那我們貨車上的辦公桌和文件柜呢?
W:Well, now, apparently, the insurance of the load is not so simple.
懷:嗯,現在,很明顯,車上貨物的索賠可不那么簡單。
I informed our insurance brokers as soon as the theft was reported.
我一知道劫車的事就通知了我們的保險經紀人。
As you know, all goods delivered for us within the country are covered by a blanket insurance policy.
您知道,所有在國內運輸的貨物,我們都保了綜合險。
M:Who underwrote the policy? Lloyds, wasn't it?
馬:向誰保險,是勞埃德保險公司吧?
W:Yes, we are insured with a syndicate of Lloyds underwriters.
懷:是的,一家勞埃德聯合企業,
Someone from a firm of adjusters is going up to inspect the damaged goods tomorrow and give an opinion about their values.
調解公司要派一個人明天察看車上受損的貨物,好報一個索賠數。
M:Well... What's the problem? They won't make any difficulty about paying up, surely?
馬:噢...有什么問題嗎?他們不會不樂意賠償吧?
W:Well, it could be difficult. Our insurers seem to think the desks and chairs may not be too badly damaged.
懷:可能有點兒困難。我們的保險商似乎認為那些桌椅損傷得不厲害。
M:I think someome from the factory ought to go up and give us an opinion of the damage.
馬:我認為我們該派個人去,看看東西受損程度如何。
I'd like to go up there and have a look.
我還是自己去看看吧。
G:So your factory is making the claim?
格:那么是你們廠要求保險賠償的?
M:Well, let's have a look. I was warned the lorry doors might have been jammed.
馬:是的,我們看看吧。有人告訴我們都被壓癟了。
G:I don't think these filing cabinets are too badly damaged.
格:我認為這些文件柜壞得不是很厲害。
I think it should be possible to salvage the lot.
其中大部分都可以修修再用。
These dents could be quite easily knocked out, and these desks could be repainted.
這些凸出來的地方可以輕而易舉的敲掉,還有這些桌子可以再漆一遍。
M:Oh, I don't think I agree, Mr. Green. Look at this chair,
馬:噢,我不贊成您這么說,格林先生。看看這把椅子,
it's a complete write-off. We would never be able to repair that.
完全都不能用了,我們怎么也不可能修好它了。
And the filing cabinets. Look at them. They must have been under water for some time.
還有這些文件柜。看看吧,它們肯定泡在水里好一陣子了,
They would have to be stripped down and completely repainted.
得把老面全部刮掉,完全重新漆一遍。
G:H'm, well, I think I might recommend payment of... seventy-five percent of the insured value.
格:嗯,,這樣,我想我可能會建議賠償----保險價值的75%。