New Words
新單詞
remittance n.
匯款
proceeds n.
收款,款項
deduct v.
減去
notify v.
通知
endorse v.
在支票背面簽名,即背書
Phrases & Expressions
短語
telegraphic transfer
電匯
correspondent relationship
往來業務的關系
C:May I help you, sir?
職員:先生,有什么需要我幫助的嗎?
N:Yes, please. My friend in New York sent me a check for five hundred dollars.
顧客:有。我朋友從紐約匯來一張500美元的支票,
I would like to cash it for Renminbi.
我想兌現成人民幣。
C:Let me have a look.
C:讓我看一看這張支票。
N:Here you are.
N:請看。
C:This check is drawn on a bank in New York, it will take about ten days to clear.
C:這張支票是由紐約某一家銀行簽發的,大概需要十天我們才可以同他們聯系妥當。
N:You mean I won't get the money for ten more days?
N:你是說我在十天之內還拿不到現錢?
C:Yes. First, we have to send the check to New York to collect the funds.
C:是的。首先我們要把這張支票郵到紐約把這筆款項轉過來。
N:Then can you pay me in yuan?
顧客:那么我在這里能不能取到人民幣呢?
C:Yes, we will change the proceeds to yuan for you, but we will deduct a service charge from the amount.
職員:能。我們可以把轉來的美元為你兌換成人民幣,但我們要在數內扣除為你聯系轉款的服務費。
N:May I get the money as soon as possible?
顧客:我能不能盡快拿到這筆款子?
C:We can ask for a cable remittance from New York if you like.
職員:假如你愿意的話我們請他們用電報匯款過來,
Then we can cash it for you quickly,
然后我們可以盡快給你這筆款子,
but you would have to pay the charge for the cable. The charge will be high.
可是你得支付電報聯系費用,這費用也是很高的。
N:No, I'd better wait. Will you notify me when you receive the money?
顧客:不,我還是等等吧。你們能否在匯來這筆款子之后通知我來取?
C:Yes, we'll call you. Will you please endorse the check on the back and give us your address and phone number.
職員:行,我們會通知你的。請你在支票背面寫上你的地址和電話號碼。
Here is a foreign remittance form. Please fill it out.
這一種國外匯來款項的表格,請你填一下。
N:By the way, would you please tell me what I should do to have funds transferred to me here from my friend in Paris.
顧客:順便再問一聲,請你告訴我,在巴黎我的一位朋友要給我匯一筆款子,我該怎么辦?
C:The fastest way is by telegraphic transfer from your friend's bank in Paris.
職員:最快的辦法是請你的朋友在巴黎銀行用電匯。
N:If he sends me a check, what should I do?
顧客:假如他也郵給我一張支票,那我該怎么辦?
C:We can handle this, but it will take about 10 days for the money to clear.
職員:我們可以辦理,但也得需要10天才能聯系清楚。
If you ask your friend to apply for a check drawn on the Bank of China, we can cash it right away.
假如你讓你的朋友使用由我們中國銀行支付的支票,那我們這里馬上可以給你兌換現金。
N:What is the difference?
顧客:這有什么差別?
C:We have a correspondent relationship with Paris Bank,
職員:我們中國銀行同巴黎銀行平時有往來業務聯系。
as we maintain a correspondent relationship with most of the large banks in America or in London.
同時也同在美國或倫敦的大銀行都有同樣的業務聯系。
N:I see. I'd better write and ask my friend to do as you say.
顧客:我明白了,我得給我朋友寫信讓他照你說的做。
C:Then you will have no problem at all.
職員:對,這樣的話你來取款會很順利。
N:Many thanks for the information!
顧客:多謝你對我的幫助!
C:You're welcome.
職員:歡迎你再來。