Last night the news said that in some cities they are thinking of turning off the public water supply during part of each day.
昨晚新聞報道,有些城市正在考慮在一天中一定的時間里關閉公共供水系統。
Mmm... there is a shortage of water here, too. Is there anything we can do to help? Water is so important.
嗯……這里的水資源也短缺啊。有什么我們可以幫忙的嗎?水真是太重要了!
Sure. There are many things we can do to cut down on the amount of water we use.
肯定的。我們可以做很多事來減少我們用水的量。
One is to change some of the things in the bathroom.
其中之一就是更換洗手間里的一些東西。
Hmm.... Don't you think changing the bathroom can be too expensive?
嗯……你不覺得改造洗手間的費用會很高嗎?
I don't mean to change everything, just.... Well, for instance, the shower head.
我不是說要換掉所有東西,只是……呃,比方說蓮蓬頭吧。
There are new ones on the market that save almost 50% of the water. They don't cost very much.
市面上有一款能節省將近一半水的蓮蓬頭。它們也不是很貴。
Good idea! I read a normal flow for a shower is 20 liters per minute.
好主意!據我了解,洗一次澡的正常水流是每分鐘20升水。
By cutting down that by half, one would consume only 16 liters for a shower.
要是水流減半了的話,一個人洗一次澡只會消耗16升的水。
If we turn off the water while we brush our teeth, that would help, too.
如果我們在刷牙時關掉水龍頭的話,那也能節水的。
Right! I wasn't aware it could be that much.
是啊!我真沒想到會浪費掉那么多的水。
There are new toilets that save a lot of water. But it isn't necessary to change them right away.
市面上有一款能節省很多水的新式馬桶。但是沒有必要馬上就換上它們。
We don't need to change them.
我們沒必要換上它們。
By placing one or two brakes in the tank to take up some of the space, the amount of water flowing into the tank will be reduced.
在水箱里放上一兩個水閘來占用一些空間,這樣流進水箱的水量就會減少。
That sounds great!
好主意!