Hi, Samantha. Do you have a minute?
嗨,薩曼莎。你現在有空嗎?
Hi, Richard. Come in, please.
嗨,理查德。請進。
I've been trying to get hold of you all afternoon.
我整個下午都在找你呢。
I was at the weekly managers' meeting. How are things?
我那時在開每周管理人會議。近況如何啊?
Oh, splendid. I have some news. Good news?
哦,好極了。我有事要告訴你。好事嗎?
Wonderful news... to me, anyway! I've been offered a job for three years as an assistant to Prof. Hayes from Birmingham University.
大好消息……反正對我來說是!我得到了一份為期三年的伯明翰大學海斯教授的助理工作。
I'll join him in Mexico City. What do you think about that?
我將在墨西哥城與他會合。你覺得這工作怎么樣?
Wonderful, Richard! Just what you've always wanted, isn't it? Does it mean that you'll leave soon?
太棒了,理查德!這是你一直想做的工作,不是嗎?也就是說你馬上就要走了?
Next week. But before I go, I'd like to invite you out for dinner — just to thank you for all the help you gave me during my three-month research work here.
下周走。但在我走之前,我想請你出去吃頓晚飯——感謝你對我這三個月的研究工作給予的全部幫助。
Would tomorrow evening be a good time for you? We can go to the Shanghai Restaurant in Chinatown. Fine with me.
明天晚上合適嗎?我們可以去唐人街的上海餐館。可以的。